jheadley

New Student Saying Hi

Hey there I'm a Virginia Tech student who discovered last year that they have a skydiving club. I did one tandem in october of 03, another tandem in april of 04, and this summer I've been doing my AFF. I'm on level V right now and hope to finish AFF by next weekend. I love being under canopy (have stood up on every landing B|) but find myself becoming more and more frustrated every jump while in free fall. I have very poor leg awareness (I have to do toe taps thoughout the entire jump), and I also have trouble with finding a heading. I still have the "tunnel vision" effect where I really can't see much besides what is directly in front of me (my instructor).

Just wanted to say Hi! :)Blue skies.

Sounds good! One thing I just recently learned about the whole skydiving experience is that it just takes time. It wasn't until my 9th jump that I actually felt comfortable...my legs were getting looser and in the right position, I was arching more and had an overall more relaxed body position. Just keep jumping! You'll get the hang of it. Good luck!

You'll never find me Jew gold!