IanHarrop

New to forums...Old/New Skydiver

I've been lurking around the forums sucking up information and it probably time I made a post. I started jumping in 1976 and had a lot of fun. Got married in 1986... after the divorce (I am now a single father) I started jumping again last year at the end of August. Wish I'd never stopped! Its good to be back and having fun in life again. Was able to make 28 jumps in the 6 weekends I got out the dropzone. Buying new gear (everything... should be ready in a week).

I titled this Old/New Skydiver because so much has changed and I am learning all over again. Fortunately the dropzome (Didsbury/Canadian Skydive Center) has good people that are VERY helpful.

My son turns 16 in a month and I know what he wants for his birthday.;)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Welcome to the forums! :)

My son turns 16 in a month and I know what he wants for his birthday.

Is he gonna get it?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

When I saw the phrasing "Is he going to get it?" I realized that he might actually want two things for his birthday. I can only speak to one issue and yes I am going to buy him a first jump course for his birthday. Even his mother will go along with it, she's agreed to sign the waiver so one less thing to deal with on that front.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Even us old skydivers kept up back then so I haven't jumped shot and a halfs since 76. My first rig was a Lancer with a belly mount reserve. Right after I bought it from Ian Marshall out at Parachute School of Toronto, took it to Eddy Grimm at Niagara Parachutes and got the one and half shots replaced with R3s and pack opening bungies updated from hooks to snaps. Boy that was pretty advanced stuff... R3s!