nbblood

New to the Forum from Korea

Hey all,
Yes, that's right, Korea. Actually my residence is in Idaho. However, I'm in the Army and currently on an all expense paid vacation for 1 year in Korea. My home DZ is, well, actually I have a winter and summer home, Skydive Ogden in Utah during the summer and Skydive Mesquite in Nevada during the winter. (By the Way, Both are great smaller DZs that share a Caravan, Ogden in the summer and Mesquite in the winter...definitely recommend them if you make it that way!) I was a student at the Ranch in New York and made my first 50 or so jumps there. I've also been to Quanum Leap in Missouri, Skydive the Rockies in Colorado, Skydive Oregon, Snake River Skydivers in Idaho, Skydive Salt Lake, and Skydive Utah. I have 225ish jumps and snuck in under the deadline for my D license. I like both RW and Freefly, but right now really focused on improving freefly skills. I just started jumping a camera and I'm also looking forward to learning the art. Actually right now I'm not doing shit because I'm in Korea, but that's what I would be focused on. The Korea skydiving scene sucks big time. There is one DZ with a SOKOL helicopter, but they want $85 US per jump!! Makes you appreciate what we have at home. Anyway, until I get home in June, about all I've got is the internet to keep me current so I'll be around. Blues.
Nathan Blood
D26355
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Welcome to the forum, I am an retired SFC, Army Medic with 22 years on active duty. I appreciate your service and understand what you are going through. Never made it to Korea. My overseas assignment was a hard luck tour in Hawaii, yeah right! Ha! Ha! I considered that a very lucky assignment. For that matter all my assignments were good. 82d ABN DIV, JRTC, MEDDAC,and Army Medical Center & School. I have 47 jumps, all at Skydive Paris, Tennessee. Again, thank you for your service. Keep up the great work. I am proud of all you service men and women. $85 sucks, For all we have done for that country they should pay you to jump! Good Luck

David Smith
A43958

Blue Skies

In Christ
Dave Smith

I'm at Camp Red Cloud, HHC 2ID and my mid tour has come and gone. I may go through Hawaii when I leave (late May/early June) so I would be interested in plans if anybody wants to hit Hawaii some time. I've also checked in to going to Japan for a long weekend maybe.
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.