mfrese

I realized my faux pas...

...in not posting here when I started on DZ.com, so now I'll make up for it. Not a newbie here; been jumping for 8+ years and on the forums for a few months.
My experience: started out with a tandem, signed up for AFF the minute I got back to the DZ, started AFF with two friends a few weeks later, haven't gone more than three weeks without a skydive since then. Along the way, I've become a decent RW jumper, a pretty competent freeflyer, learned to swoop, earned a Coach and a tandem rating, allowing me to introduce about 500 people to skydiving (and, yes, is SOME cases, I consider certain tandem students skydivers), lost a few good friends, made a lot of good friends, and have basically wondered how the hell I survived before I started jumping.

That being said, I hope I get to get to know a few of you in the forums. I've avoided most online forums because the signal-to-noise ratio is usually way too high...and, well, this one's no exception ;). BUT, this place is still mainly about skydiving, and there's a lot of good info to be had, if you look and listen carefully...

So, hope to see you out there, take care, check your gear, keep an open mind, pull on time, and last but not least remember: The First Amendment guarantees you the right to express your opinion...is does NOT guarantee you the right to have it taken seriously. :)
Blue Ones...
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Well, I feel a little silly saying this since you're already an enthusiast, but "welcome to the fourms"! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks, Andrea...now that I'm officially welcomed, I'm gonna start a gun control thread, post personal attacks, talk about my sex life in painstaking detail, and start with IBTL posts in every forum ;)

J/K...but I have days here where I REALLY sympathize with you greenies...:)
Blue Ones

Thanks, Andrea...now that I'm officially welcomed, I'm gonna start a gun control thread, post personal attacks, talk about my sex life in painstaking detail, and start with IBTL posts in every forum ;)

Blue Ones

Methinks we have unleashed a monster here!;) Don't know what IBTL is but welcome mfrese.....

i don't know what a faux pas is, but welcome to you anyway!

A "faux pas" is like an embarrassing blunder or mistake that one makes, usually relatively minor.....

That would be "In Before The Lock". And really, I prefer to lurk here anyway, unless one of my local buds posts something pertinent to our area. I used to debate in college, not really a fan of it online ;)

I'm gonna start a gun control thread, post personal attacks, talk about my sex life in painstaking detail, and start with IBTL posts in every forum... Thanks for putting up with us all!

...Oh yeah, another comedian... or is that my faux pas?

With regard to your 1st ammendment comment... Look Buddy! You should know by now some of us here take our humor very seriously!!>:(:S

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Blue Ones

And don't forget to PW ! :P:)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579