yarik

Hello from Ukraine

Hi everybody!

At a time when I registered at this site in 2001 I don't even remember if the intro forum existed, so I made a couple posts but never introduced myself:)
Didn't spend that much time on boards before, but resently getting more jumps and more and more interest to different topics posted here.

Started jumping back in 1992 at AirForce academy in Ukraine, but later had 5 years brake from the sport. In the meantime had flown for the AF of Ukraine L-39 and got lucky to get a military exchange training at Laughlin AFB, TX and flew T-37 and got in total a bit more than 300 flight hours on jets.

As for skydiving - got back to sport soon after I quit AF searching for civilian career in 2001 and for today have 450+ jumps (not hell a lot, but I'm still young and passionate :)
Skydiving is our family sport and we are jumping together with my wife (who I met long time ago at one dz :)it's our life or at least a major part of it. Enjoy formation skydiving and canopy flying - learning to swoop. Always information and experience-hungry will welcome any advise or comment from anyone, and while getting more experience personally may get involved in discussions myself grounding my own thoughts :)
We live in Ukraine and if anyone ever would think of coming here - you are very welcom - will be happy to help as I can - think of it - jumps here are only $8 for 14000 ride ;).

Well, that's about it, Blue Skies to all of you and... yes, Happy Thanksgiving :) Am I late? :| mmm, just one day ;)

8 euros for 14000 ft?
I'll be there next summer!!!
You must tell me where and what plane they fly....
Maybe we can hook up sometime next summer

There two dzs around Kiev - one operates L-410 (up to 16 jumpers), another - An-28 (up to 22 jumpers with tailgate). Definitely, as I said we can hook-up and I will assist with all I can :), if you want more info - check out http://www.skydiveua.info/.

And Labrys, pleased to meet you too :)

welcome Yarik! there are lots of people from Ukraine in my area, and they're a nice bunch. i'd love to go there someday.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Maybe I'll do that one day. Ukraine seems like an interesting country, but in the mean time you're always (also very) welcome to visit the Netherlands.

And well not having as much jumps as you do:$, I'll only be able to introduce you to people who can teach you. Or with whom you can have a drink off course.

Blue skies and safe swoops.B|