artbel

restart jumping

hello there,

On november 1 1999 I had a landing accident & hurt both my knees pretty bad. There OK now & so I want to start jumping again. I think I need a freshening-up course of some sort.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx, Kurt
NB:I started jumping the old way. (Static line)
You don't need a parachute to jump but YOU DO if want to do it again.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm astonished that so many replied so fast (it's the way of getting somewhere I guess).
I had 85 jumps on the day I had the accident & it happened during a jump&run contest. There was a hard wind that day & I still thought of moving up a spot in the ranking (I was 6th of 26 at that moment). Anyway I was too focused on the white spot , that I misjudged my height (it will never happen again) & a few seconds later I was in need of 2 new front ACL's.
So I thank you again for the support and maybe I'll pass by your DZ someday.(after all Belgium isn't that far away)

Greetz Q

Just wanted to say whatever you need to go through you will be fine and it will be worth it...my mate damaged her knee on her first ever AFF...continued through AFF but has now, sadly, given up:(...that was August this year...so your posting gives me hope that she may one day try it again! :)
Thanks and Good Luck!

Bx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

I am in the same boat. I have to start over from scratch. I didn't have many jumps under my belt though. That is ok with me though. I needed to start over. I agree with Skymama. Talk to the DZ closest to you. They would let you know what they can do and how much they would work with ya if you progress fast.
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2