Shawndiver

So Good to Be Home...

Howzit!
Well, after an 11 year hiatus, it feels good to be back! Spent all of my 20's and early 30's pretty much in freefall, until career and other forms of flight lured me away. I ended up at Lodi a couple weeks ago to attend an old buddy's of mine wedding, and was amazed at just how good it felt to be back! Kathy greeted me as if it had been just last week since I left, and it was incredible to see just how many of my old buds were still in the air. And the best part? Freefall. Blessed freefall again!!. I have been flying hang gliders and paragliders for the last decade to feed my altitude cravings, but nothing compares to out the door and going no lift after so many years! Anyway, nice to be here, wonder what kind of hoops USPA will make me jump through to get my old "D" number back!
Cya!!!
Shawn

I took a 22 year"layoff".. I called them up on the phone.. and my old D was still right there waiting for me... languishing since 1981... I paid my money and voila.. it arrived a week later in the mail... I went to the local DZ.. took a First Jump class to get recertified.. one SL and one 15 sec delay.. and I was off"student status".. That was Mar 16th... and I have close to 160 jumps since then.. even with the Seattle weather trying as hard as it can to make me do hop and pops.

Welcome back.. See ya in the sky

...altitude cravings...

So that's what's wrong with me! I'm a total new guy (4 jumps). Came on this forum first seeking solace from new-guy plane jitters. Because I HAD to find a way to succeed in feeding my...altitude cravings! I'm going to remember that one :ph34r:.

Mindy

Thanks All!
Was out again Monday, two jumps, flying on my back watching the rust blow off!! Picked up my rig, figuring out the chaos that is pro packing, jumpsuit will be ready tomorrow, and start a Sunday/Monday days off sched this week! USPA does not seem to have a name query-able database for licenses, (books gone in a move several years ago>:() looks like I get to start digging through some of my old buddies logbooks to find my numbers!
Shawn