Tonedog1980

Hey all

Just wanted to say whats up to everyone. I heard of the site from my good friend dkf1979. If you go to his webpage I am the one that missed the second jump, but I think he has the third jump pics up and im there in full force lol. Anyways, I'm pretty knew to skydiving. I have only done two jumps but I am addicted. I swear it is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It is right up there with being born! LOL. It is a little late now so I need to run but you all will be hearing alot more from me as my skydiving career moves forward. I just can't wait for the day I take the leap solo. Going to be truley the highlight of my life.

P.S. Check out dkf1979's webpage Im the skinny guy that looks like Tom Green, so im told. Oh and check out how I go totaly upside down. LOL that was a rush, that and the 8 line twist I got to deal with right after that on my second jump lol. NO PROB though! http://webpages.charter.net/skyjump/dan's_skydive_page.htm
Why live your life only to get to death safely? SKYDIVE!

DOH. I guess Danny doesn't have the space right now to put the videos of our 3rd jump up yet. But once he does you can see me get upside down. Also was there something I did wrong for this to happen? I saw a girl that went with us do this same thing but others that where about the same wait did not. You can see me in my arch and it looks pretty good. BTW if you go to dan's web page I am also wearing the yellow helmet if that helps. But, is there a cause for this or something that just happens sometimes?

Welcome to the forums! :) If you're going headdown when you're not trying to, it's definitely all about your body position. Lay on the coffee table and practice your boxman and especially your arch. Also remember to talk to your instructors about it, they are the ones who will really be able to tell you what you did wrong.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well actualy what happened was I was kind of at a 45% angle leaning forward so when my chute opened it slung my feet out in front of me, but my feet just kept going and went over my head. So actualy I went upside down backwards. And it happened while my chute was opening. Before the chute was opened I was starting to level out flat but since it was a static line I didn't have enough time to get totaly horazontal to the earth.

LOL nope didn't scare me at all lol. I was just wondering the whole way down, "Did I just go upside down?!?!?!" LOL. Was a rush. B|

Very cool My first ten jumps went great, but still scared the shit out of me so I'm admiring you for going through with it.
Blue skies from Holland and good luck

Sounds like your having a great time! Welcome to the forums and

Blue Skies! :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Very cool My first ten jumps went great, but still scared the shit out of me so I'm admiring you for going through with it.

Yeah for me the scarest part is when we first take off in the plane and my static line isn't hooked up yet and im cramed way in the back, because im usally the lightest. LOL just freakes me out cause I know there is no way I can get out fast enough if something goes wrong. But I just try to injoy the beautiful sceenary and not think about that lol. Thanx for the warm welcome.

kwell bean!! after being around the sport for 2 yrs intamitly,,i finally got to start jumping..I did a tandem then went to S/L and have had soo much fun,,and it nly gets better:)liv 2 luv
luv 2 liv
lucky summoo1
l
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

Man I'm so mad. So far every nice day we have had here in Illinois I have been either working or going to school, and every day that I have been off it is to cold out. I swear the weather here goes up and down more then Mike Tyson's career :P Anyways does anyone have any good links or maybe some sugestions to some good winter equipment I can find? I have only done 2 jumps so far and I don't want to spend to much time away so I don't start forgeting important stuff. Also I feel like a crack head about skydiving lol. Every time I think about it, witch is about twice ever second, I start shaking and have a uncontrolable urge to jump out of something lol. Seriously thogh, if anyone could help with this I would appreciate it very much. Thanx

it slung my feet out in front of me, but my feet just kept going and went over my head. So actualy I went upside down backwards.

Eesh, so you didn't actually flip all the way back through the risers then, good thing! :o

Anyways does anyone have any good links or maybe some sugestions to some good winter equipment I can find? I have only done 2 jumps so far and I don't want to spend to much time away so I don't start forgeting important stuff.

Jumping up north here in Washington state, I just started using some Neumann tackified winter-weight gloves. They were recommended by the experienced guys at my DZ, and I love them. Thin enough material that I can still feel my handles very well, but keep me warm enough so my fingers won't freeeeeze in freefall. Paragear.com is a good place to check on the web, but you can find just TONS of skydiving gear sites. Talk to the people at your DZ too.

Also I feel like a crack head about skydiving lol. Every time I think about it, witch is about twice ever second, I start shaking and have a uncontrolable urge to jump out of something lol.

-And about the addiction, HECK YEAH boy it just gets worse from here on out so don't expect to EVER look up the same way again...B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I just can't wait for the day I take the leap solo. Going to be truley the highlight of my life.

Dude, solos are lonely.

--------
I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
- Winston Churchill

On dkf1979's web page http://webpages.charter.net/skyjump/dan's_skydive_page.htm

we have put a link to some videos I uploaded on my web space, since Dan ran out of room. Go to the site then go to My videos then click on Tony. You can see my static line jump where I went totaly upside down. That way you guys can see if I did something wrong there.

I just can't wait for the day I take the leap solo. Going to be truley the highlight of my life.

Dude, solos are lonely.

I mean with no instructor there and im on my own. Of course with friends jumping with me just not a student anymore is what i ment.

On dkf1979's web page http://webpages.charter.net/skyjump/dan's_skydive_page.htm

...You can see my static line jump where I went totaly upside down. That way you guys can see if I did something wrong there.

Groovus video, Tonedog!! Oh yeah, I can see right away where you went wrong, buddy. Wrong color helmet. That'll do it every time. :D

Actually, ask your JM. Looks to me like you pulled your arms in a smidge non-symetrically, causing you to start to rotate, then the flip happened on deployment. Ask him/her if a stronger arch/better presentation to the relative wind will help ya out (it should, I'm thinkin'...) Oh, oh, you know what else will help keep you from flipping like that on deploy.? Gain some serious weight in your butt. That otta keep you put! :D

You do need to ask your JM. I'm not an instructor or even a coach, but I did enjoy your vid. -Happy jumping!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.