BleuSky

Harlo from Singapore

Hi, greetings from Singapore;)

I'm really REALLy new to sky diving but i've been wanting to give it a try since many many years back! I'll be actually taking up the AFF course if i dun freak out for my 1st jump sometime in June! hee hee:S

So erhm.... any good tips and advices for freshies like me to prepare myself for a good jump???

Many Thanx!
BleuSky

Hi Harlo, These forums are great for sky diving information,glad you found it.
Tip no#1 Go to the bathroom before getting on the air plane.
Tip no#2 Have the max amount of fun humanly possible. blue skies
jerry

But I was going to tashe station to pick up some power converters.

Geez, thanx dudes....

To All: Really love this website, the ppl here are all so frenly and really really love skydiving!!!!!! I know where to turn for help and advice if i do face encounter some problems in skydiving in the near future! THanx thanx! :)

jerry: I know that i'll get tummyache prior to the jump for sure... hahha so i guessed i shud avoid onions and beans???? hahhah :P

Andrea: ya think to ask questions or uncertainties are truly impt, so hopefull my trainers are nice and patient ppl!!!!!

John: Cool, gotta check check and still check! hahah that's wat i read too, from some skydiving books!!!! but come to think of it.... hahha will i still remember wat to check when i'm getting so damn excited and "scared"???? :ph34r:

Andre: thanx manz.... i sure do look forward to my 1st jump....... crossing out the dates and hoping that the day will come by quickly!

Could somebody let me know how many DZ are there in australia itself and are there any DZ in NZ too????

Faye

Hi Harlo
I just moved from Singapore last year and strongly recommend learning from S&TA Danniel Lee he does his own thing and will take good care of you.Stay away from Skydive Adventures and Thomas Mathews club. I have seen to many accidents with them.
Daniel Lee is a true skydiver and was with me all the way when I crashed in Lido Indonesia. He is what the sport is all about and has more heart and passion for the sport than you could imagine.Contact him ASAP for anything from equipment to advise.
Many of the DZ's in Southern California know him he is the real focal point for the sport in South East Asia.
Good luck and heads up in contacting this crown at DZ.com they are the finest the sport has to offer and will guide you through the adventure that awaits you.Enjoy Harlo and say hello to the gang in Singapore from Steve Austin aka Vman
WHEN IN DOUBT WHIP IT OUT
Vman

;)

Hi Vman,

Thanx for the advice. Glad to know that there are more than one "company" providing skydiving training and advice in singapore. To be frank, I've not done any jumps before but i i'm really very keen to pick up this sport.

Stay away from Skydive Adventures and Thomas Mathews club.

Er.... izit bad or good news? i've already signed up with them for my AFF course!!!! Oppz...

I have seen to many accidents with them.
Tho i understand that accidents are common in sports, but i will still hope that none or at least less serious ones shud happen to me or my frens! U have skydive with them before? does are the accidents u mentioned fatal or very serious???

S&TA Danniel Lee

Prolly u could kindly email me their contacts?? thanx! I've got frens who are still keen but are pretty "scared", i could pass them the contact to let them check out more from this Danniel Lee whom u recommended??

Many Thanx again!

P/S: it's really good to know that there are more and more ppl loving skydiving, eventhough u guys may not be singaporeans........