beautifulsoundz

any skydivers who like music

Welcome to the forums and to skydiving. :)You can do a tandem, or you can go straight to AFF training to skydive on your own. Which are you more interested in?

Since you're in the LA area, check out these 2 dropzones:

www.skydiveperris.com

www.skydiveelsinore.com

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi

I'm new to the sport (12 jumps), and also live in the greater LA area (Ontario). I have not yet jumped at either Perris or Elsinore, although I have heard great things from people who have, and I intend to visit them both after obtaining my "A" license.

I chose to drive to San Diego for training for both my son and myself, and I cannot say enough good things about the experience there. The "Skydive San Diego" dropzone is a fantastic place to learn, and the staff is excellent. I became aware of the school there through jumpers in the Navy who highly recommended it. I also decided that the very consistent winds (almost always out of the WSW) made for less variables during the initial training phases.

Bottom line, you live in the general vicinity of several great dropzones. Counting the two at Taft, and Lompoc, you have six within reasonable distance. Don't know exactly what part of the LA area you live, but check them out and make a choice. I'm willing to say the only regret you'll have is not having done it sooner...the satisfaction of meeting a significant challenge is quite rewarding!

Also, read through the various forums, the education you'll receive is amazing. A lot of the posts will make more sense after you go through a "First Jump Course". This site is full of experience and wisdom, imparted to all us newbies by those who have done it, or had it happen to them.

If you come to San Diego, I'm sure we'll meet. If you jump elsewhere, we'll probably still meet, cause I'm going to jump the other DZ's as well.

Good Luck in the choice,

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?

I chose to drive to San Diego for training for both my son and myself, and I cannot say enough good things about the experience there.

I have to agree. Of course I've never been to Perris. I have been to lake Elsinore but I didn't jump there. San Diego is laid back and feels very personal. Instructors are great. It does lack a few things like a fully stocked gear shop and advanced classes but for your first jump it's a great place. I only have 30 jumps and the other skydivers are always looking out for me and give me tips when I need it. They're upgrading the place and it looks like it's going to happen rather quickly. They have started a small gear shop and they are making improvements. I'm sure thay Perris and Lake Elsinore are great places and I'll Probably make make some jumps there in the near future.

Welcome and Blue Skies!

Ed