AirborneDaddy

Army rigger trying to get civilian ticket

I am an army rigger and I have been trying to get my ticket. I need to knw what I need to prove that I am an army rigger. Will my DD214 be good or do I need a letter from my loft SGT. I would appreciate any info. I need my ticket asap.

UpChuck
live life with your head in the clouds

You will have to take a 20 question test. no oral or pratical req. the FAA will sign form 8610 giving you auth to take test at testing center. go to FAA web site for testing centers in your area and also check out the questions on the test. it's all there. good luck.

I have the EXACT letter you need in MS Word format at work. I'll PM it to you tomorrow. Get your Rigger Warrant to sign it. If you don't have a Warrant Officer in your shop, the senior NCO will do.

You'll need your ID card when you go fill out your paperwork. Call the FSDO to make sure you take everything you need.
Arrive Safely

John

thank you all for the info. By the way I am a B-licensed skydiver. I am making my last jump as a Rigger this saturday. I am off to flight school to become a helicopter pilot. I love being a Rigger and I want to continue to work with parachutes as well as jump. It helps that my Dad is a master from the old school. Any way, thanks again and Blue Skyz!

UpChuck
live life with your head in the clouds

You're a 92R AirborneDaddy? If you could give me any info on that it would be much appreciated. I've been considering going back in but doubt with my two knee surgeries i could get back into 37F, so i have been considering 92R. But, I hate talking to recruiters. They are worse that used car salesman.