gerryfuss

question for riggers...

Depends, can you tell me where they are at? (closer to the nose or tail, top skin or lower) Are they together? Are they closer than 1 inch from a seam?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Figure $25 or $30 per patch, maybe a little more if the hole is within a half inch of a seam. Depending on where the holes are, one larger patch might be better than a couple smaller ones.

Your best bet might be to do nothing. I've had a small hole on top of the center cell of my FX99, and it's been there for more than 1000 jumps without getting bigger.

Mark

Depends, can you tell me where they are at? (closer to the nose or tail, top skin or lower) Are they together? Are they closer than 1 inch from a seam?

One in the tail (probably the gromet on the bag rubbing from opening) and two even smaller holes about an inch apart and located about 3 inches in from the seem of the nose (more to the left side) on the topskin. The canopy is F-111 and it has been reccomended that since the holes are so small just tape them up with some tape at the DZ (not sure what kind of tape it is). Any Thoughts on that?

Mark,

With you under an FX99 that's not a hole..................
It's called an "afterburner"!!!!!!!!

Come on! Fix it! I'll send you some material and give you the name of a Master Rigger I know who lives real close to you. In fact he lives at the same address!!!!!!!!!

Blues,

J.E.

P.S.

Right with you, $30.00 plus location upcharge.
James 4:8

it has been reccomended that since the holes are so small just tape them up with some tape at the DZ (not sure what kind of tape it is). Any Thoughts on that?

http://www.paragear.com/frame.asp?menu=group%3d193%26level%3d1&main=templates/base_template.asp%3fgroup%3d193

Ok for the life of me I cannot make a clicky directly to the ripstop tape, but underneath the category "Raw materials/webbing" click on the subcategory "Ripstop tape" and there you go. I cannot make an informed decision on whether a 'real' patch is recommended or if tape is a good alternative option since I am not a rigger who has seen the damage. I do think tape is a faster, easier way to go for pint sized holes however.

The canopy is F-111 and it has been recomended that since the holes are so small just tape them up with some tape at the DZ (not sure what kind of tape it is). Any Thoughts on that?

Ripstop tape, otherwise known as"lickem stickem," is intended for use as a temporary repair in the field.

Example: I go to the state record attempts, and we are about to go up for the potential record breaker. As I am packing my rig, I notice a hole. I cut a small ripstop tape patch with rounded edges and apply it to both sides to get me by. As soon as I get home I get the area patched properly with material of like type and color.

Ripstop tape should not be used permanently because the adhesive will weaken the fabric over time.
Arrive Safely

John