mfob

Wind Turbines

1)...you need to make sure NOT to touch any buss-bar / cables running down towers sections. 2)...it can be started from somewhere else so be careful. :)

1) Yes, absolutely right.
2) Wind turbines are driven by the wind, not "started from somewhere else" that would be a motor.

Be well :)
Looking forward to meeting at our next exit.

Yep that is right, but what I was trying to say is that the wind mill can be shut down from an office miles away via a fiber optic network etc.. It can be shut down for any reason and can start at any time. Even when there is 20 mph wind, the blades and the nacelle can be pitched so it almost doesn't catch the wind. Then, the operator miles away, can clicks on his computer, the blades are pitching and it starts spinning like hell in a minute. I have been working on these a little while ago. B|

anyone has nice pictures of a jump from a wind mill?

Be safe out there and enjoy ;)

call me paranoid .. but i used to work for fpl energy (largest US owner of wind turbines) ... id stay away from posting on this if your actively jumping these .. yeah i know they made me paranoid working for them. it be like them to monitor anything related and the author seems to know about them.
blaine

I actualy agree there...
I was scouting some lower high wind rigs on Maui HI, and they were brand new. got some scary looks from the crews up there. especialy if you know the story behind teh Hawaiian natives:o

Guvments and companies protect these things with a lot of motivations.

that much preciesion-built super expensive equipment has to carry a paranoid bunch of owners...

Okay you wind turbine experts, Whats wrong here?
"Don't keep your pilot chute a secret"

looks like a gasket or flange cover for the blade pitch bearing is sliding out on the blade.