NSEMN8R

Personal RF Monitor?

There's a sign on the fence at my new A that says "Personal RF Monitor must be worn while working at this site". It's one of those red & white AT&T freestanders about 300 ft. tall with the big horns on it.

Anybody else use a personal RF monitor? Is it worth having and if it is where would I get one?

I googled it, but the only thing that comes up is some security and counter surveillance stuff.

http://www.rfsafetysolutions.com/rf_personal_monitors.htm

googled and found that. i think if you need one, maybe you should not go near the Tx's?

if its a 600 meter beauty i would, but a SL? that stuff is just pointless in my opinion.

What's the Tx's?

I don't SL it.

It's all pointless, isn't it.

I just like it. And I wouldn't climb 600 meters even it was there.

There's a sign on the fence at my new A that says "Personal RF Monitor must be worn while working at this site". It's one of those red & white AT&T freestanders about 300 ft. tall with the big horns on it.

Anybody else use a personal RF monitor? Is it worth having and if it is where would I get one?

I googled it, but the only thing that comes up is some security and counter surveillance stuff.

quite a few As have that sign. Just don't hang in front of the transmitters, and as usual - if in doubt - send the newbie

What's the Tx's?

Transmitter

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

The trick is to stay far enough away from the Tx to prevent your testicles from becoming an Rx :)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

The trick is to stay far enough away from the Tx to prevent your testicles from becoming an Rx :)

that depends on how much you care about your sterilty/fertility.

I took part in a RF Safety Course with RF Safety Solutions, the site that Calvin19 made reference to. A lot of good reading on the subject can be found on their site, RF Safety Solutions . All in all, if you don't dilly around too much or hang out in front of the dishes their not a problem, the problem with RF is the damage caused by the heating of skin tissue, exposure times can very at different freqs dues to the wave length of different freqs, at broadcast freqs (FM radio) the wave length couples well with an average height humans whole body, and when you get into the Microwave range it couples with your eyes real well. It's not an instant thing, it takes time. You actually get more exposure from your cellphone when you use it in an area with poor coverage because it keeps pushing up the output wattage it transmits trying to connect to a site. Buying a RF monitor for BASE is a waste of good money that you could use for more gear or a trip to the bridge. But if you feel that you really need or want one; I have a couple Nardalert Monitors in mint shape I could make you a deal on, PM me for info. Vince

that depends on how much you care about your sterilty/fertility.

It's probably for the best most of us don't procreate anyway...

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.