tr027

canopy selection

For SD technical jumps in 2007, which vented canopy do you prefer most? If no preference, which yields the softest landings? Thanks.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

My FOX canopies... Their landings are as soft as feather, unless I flare late :D...

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

So far my Troll 322 has treated my really well (see PCA/ static line from 195'B once, 210'E twice, 159' Sx3jumps)...

Can't wait to air out my new Flik 354. Should have it in a few weeks.

I wonder how many people that voted have flown more than one canopy, where "flown" means making more than just one jump on it.

For what it's worth, I've noticed a day and night difference in stalling stability, rear-riser steerability and glide ratio between the Blackjack and the Rockdragon (based on about 50 BASE jumps and 20 skydives on each, if that's enough), in favor of the Blackjack.

And that's coming from somebody who is not quick to give this kind of advice. I used to be a snowboard instructor, but even then I told people to just get the right length and beyond that just get one with a pretty image on it.

It takes a lot for me to admit the difference between two things, but the Blackjack was a noticeable improvement.

Edited to add: that is only in comparison with the Rockdragon. I can't say anything about other canopies like the Flik or the Troll. But my friends assure me they're great canopies too... :)

I almost voted blackjack and then realized my only experience is on a blackjack and a mojo, and 2 jumps on an ace.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman