format

AAD Statistics

who compiled those documents?

As far I think, it's an anonymous compiler (think Wikileaks).
Yet credible, the info inside is referenced and checkable.

I use AAD and would recommend one, as long as those documents were read and understood.
What goes around, comes later.

If I understand the two documents correctly:

Cypres: There were several no- or to low activations, which led to the death of the skydiver.
There were also some other activations (ground, cabin), but they are not reported and apparently didn't cause any trouble (at least none that I know of).

So, my conclusion of the Cypres-Article is: If you have one, it's very unlikely, that there is a misfire that can kill you. But it can happen, that it won't fire when needed.

This raises the question: Do I need a cypres at all because it might not safe me (too low activation, when I fail to pull).

Vigil: There were some in-plane activations, that caused death or serious injury.

So my personal conclusion is: I feel safer with my cypres (as i would with my Vigil), even when it might not safe me. But at least it does not kill me. One question remains: Is it wise to spend $1500 or safe the money and jump without any AAD at all.

Nevertheless, the statements "Unknown, but has occurred" at the cypres document should be investigated.