PilotLevi

Newbie Looking for Help.

Hi,
I'm from the Fort Myers, FLorida area. I just started skydiving with less then 50 jumps but am very excited and
base jumping. The only problem is, I know no one at the DZ that base jumps. I'm still a far time away from Base jumping but I am looking for someone to get me into it and possible teach me when time comes. (I'll pay) PM me or reply. I'm willing to travel.
Thanks in advance,
Levi

dude theres some fat Buildings in your town I know i flick them
by the way u smell like bacon

I know no one at the DZ that base jumps.

And it's unlikely you'll get to know them until you have more skydives.

I'm still a far time away from Base jumping but I am looking for someone to get me into it and possible teach me when time comes.

Take a first-jump-course (and do all those other things) and it's a more likely that mentors and jumpers in your area will hang out with you.

(I'll pay)

That's rarely what mentors are after.

Thanks,

Can you refer a FJC to me in florida? I know of one in Zhills but thats it.

thanks again,

Levie

Can you refer a FJC to me in florida? I know of one in Zhills but thats it.

You're likely going to have to travel to Idaho in order to take a course. Even Morpheus, in Z-Hills, teaches most of their courses here. For real advice, I'd recommend getting in touch with them, since they're your best nearby resource.

If travelling to Z-hills is too much effort, you're really not going to like BASE jumping.

There is a list of FJC's at the end of the article here.

For things you can practice while skydiving, see CR's Canopy Drills.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Can you refer a FJC to me in Florida?

If you can't afford to travel from Florida to the Perrine, you can't afford to BASE jump.

by the way u smell like bacon

well atleast he smells like somthing i like,you on the other hand:S

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Can you refer a FJC to me in Florida?

If you can't afford to travel from Florida to the Perrine, you can't afford to BASE jump.

I'm looking for a word that's not quite as dramatic as "resent". Until I find one, I'm afraid I have to say that I resent this statement.

The man just asked for a FJC in Florida. If that shows anything, it's that he didn't do enough research. Seeing as he even offered to pay for instruction, I'm sure he doesn't mind coughing up some money for an FJC. So perhaps a better response would have been: "inform yourself, uninformed one". Furthermore...I know basejumping is expensive even before you might even consider making a jump. Still, who are you (we, anyone) to decide whether or not someone you don't even know) can afford basejumping? I don't like this "spendspendspend, don't think about it" attitude.

Also, please inform my ignorant ass on a related matter. Why is the man being told: "Do an FJC first, then people may want to hang out with you." I was under the impression that one should find a mentor before the actual FJC, so you know you'll have one when you get back. Why this sudden change?

Still, who are you (we, anyone) to decide whether or not someone you don't even know) can afford BASE jumping?

I don't make that decision for him, but I can't think of any possible way to be a safe and responsible BASE jumper and not spend significant amounts of money.

I don't like this "spendspendspend, don't think about it" attitude.

I don't know any BASE jumpers with such an attitude.

Also, please inform my ignorant ass on a related matter. Why is the man being told: "Do an FJC first, then people may want to hang out with you." I was under the impression that one should find a mentor before the actual FJC, so you know you'll have one when you get back. Why this sudden change?

It's not a sudden change, and neither is it a black-and-white matter. Jumping a seven cell canopy at your local dropzone will help you find a mentor before you take an FJC. Booking an FJC may help you find a mentor.

The reality is, there aren't that many mentors left. Most people take an FJC and then start jumping with the (somewhat experienced) locals at home. Mentorship in the traditional sense is not as common anymore (from what I understand). I'd like to say that is a bad thing, but the fact of the matter is that mentoring is a big deal and if people get by with just an FJC, the free-flow of information, and hanging with other experienced jumpers (almost like mentoring, just less intensive), good for them.

Just teach yourself Thats what I did. All the so called "mentors" in the area I learned were flakes, So I took it in to my own hands.

Ha i am still here.....Just do your research amigo...FJC is good though

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci