DiveMaker

New Age Dirt Alerts????

I am under the impression that the new-age dirt alerts go off at some flat line altitude, like 1500 feet or 1800 feet or whatever you can set this to, but only when you are 'going fast' towards the Earth.

Do the dirt alerts go off at the flat line altitude if you have a 'slow' descent?

Is there a way to set what speeds it will go off on?

Do any of the new-age dirt alerts have the capability of sounding off, at say 1500 feet or 1000 feet, no matter what your descent rate is?

I'm not in the market for any of these gizmos, just want to know if they have this feature.
DiveMaker

The Dytter/ProTrack will beep your first and second altitudes to you no matter if you are in freefall, snivel or under canopy. In this usage they are great for break downs of CRW formations since they can be set to tell you that you are coming up on 3500 feet to break down. You can change the number of beeps by changing the altitudes and setting the second one at flat line then you only get 2 beeps if you are under canopy.

They will not flat line tone on you unless you are going fast towards the earth. Hard canopy spirals can get some dytters to go off while under canopy still, but usually it takes freefall speeds to trigger it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Thats interesting because my Protrack won't beep my second level alert if I have already deployed. Can you tell me how to get it to beep at the second warning even if I'm already under canopy? That would be cool for low speed mals and such, but I have no clue how to program the thing to do this. Thx

After downsizing to a Samurai 105, I get the flatline at like 30ft after doing a 270...that tickled me the first time. Nothing like a klaxon in your ear as you're in your zone navigating a swoop.

-R

I can make my timeout go off when under canopy and in a steep front riser dive....kinda fun to hear it flat line at 1000feet...hehehe:)

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE