jmfreefly

Cypress-2 Screen Goes Blank (part 2) $#@%!!

Why so rude? I've read so many of your threads where you simply come 'storming in' and debate things to death in a way that reads (to me) "I know better than you".

I say things like I see them. I would rather tell the truth than surgar coat it. I would rather you be pissed at me and listen, than ignore me and die.

And he started off not talking about gear...his first comment was to call me a snob.

While I appreciate much of the knowledge you have shared in the forums, I don't appreciate the attitude you take sometimes. Just my opinion and I know it means nothing to you - but I'm happier having said it publicly.

When I have a guy attack me...I tend to attack back.

You don't like it don't read it. I don't aplologize about not letting people walk on me.

I heard there are a few minor glitches / set backs with the Vigil as well. I read a case of it firing on the ground. ??

There was a wire that the rigger crushed while putting new batteries in it. When they turned it on...It fired.

However there was a fire in DeLand about a mth ago at 3,000 feet, that has not been explained yet.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

That shouldn't be a big deal since the Cypres is just a backup device. You should be jumping like it was off anyway.

Say what?? I think you are mixing apples and oranges here.:S

1) Backup devices are not to be relied upon during normal course of business. (i.e. not pulling the reserve because your aad should fire)

2) If you have a backup device, you turn it on, you maintain it, and ensure that it works for the JIC situation. If not, why have it??:)
#1 and #2 are entirely different cases.

To take it to the extreme, would you be pissed if someone came up and turned your cypress off without you knowing it? Yes? I assume you would. This is the same irritation that I am feeling because I can't really tell if my unit is off or if it malfunctioned or if it just isnt displaying anything.

SIDE NOTE *********:
Eric Campbell of SSK contacted me to offer ways to make sure I am happy with my cypress-2 and service on the unit, including temporary units during service, and ways to reduce my costs for removal/install of the unit. It is certainly a good gesture.

I did, however, point out that I have not been able to find -any- information about this problem on the web, on all of the various ssk/airtec/cypress/cypress2 websites. Hopefully they will put it up there, or make it more prominent if my lengthy searches just never found it.

He says that of early units in the US, only 10 units, including mine have been identified with the problem. (Lucky me!). 10 out of ?? I don't know. Nor did he quote a figure for units outside the US.

j

You don't like it don't read it.
...snip...
However there was a fire in DeLand about a mth ago at 3,000 feet, that has not been explained yet.

True, I usually breeze past this kind of stuff, but it is sometimes hard to weed out posts about the thread's subject vs. other stuff. :)
As for the Vigil premature fire in DeLand, I didn't hear about this. Was there a thread about it I missed? This wasn't the French team's pre-beta unit fire, was it?

thx
j

To take it to the extreme, would you be pissed if someone came up and turned your cypress off without you knowing it? Yes? I assume you would.

I'd be pissed that they messed with my gear without my knowledge, not that they turned my Cypres off. I wouldn't care that they turned my Cypres off, I would care that they made an adjustment to my gear without telling me though.

As for the Vigil premature fire in DeLand, I didn't hear about this. Was there a thread about it I missed? This wasn't the French team's pre-beta unit fire, was it?

No seperate issue.

Peep this
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes, messing with your gear is the ultimate issue in that scenario.

And it is similar in mine. It isn't that the cypress is on or off, it is that it was 'changed' without my knowledge -- via a malfunction.

In this scenario, you come up and find your cypress-2 'off'. what the heck.. who turned my cypress off.. or... maybe.. is it the screen going blank?

Anyway.. next topic.

j

Remember you are risking your life even typing those words...........

This could be taken several different ways, none of which are on the topic of this thread.

This is a topical forum. If it doesn't directly apply to the gear and rigging topic it doesn't belong here.

If you have personal issues with someone, take it to PM's.

This was a good thread. Now it's done.