aykay

Dodgy goggles.

I finnaly bought my very first piece of skydiving equipment... goggles[:/]. Just to give me something to hold on to when i'm not jumping. The only problem with them is that they start to shrink at altitude. They are still pretty snug and keep the wind out but is this something that is normal? Or will I end up like this guy? ----> B|

I've bought a pair of Sorz goggles a while back... bit of a mistake on my part. They don't fit too well and let in loads of air during freefall. I've lost 2 contact lenses cos of the watering this has caused.
Gotta get me some new goggles...

really? the pair of sorz that i bought have worked GREAT for me. they look cool and work well.. the only problem is that i hear that the foam padding tends to come off after a while.. i've put about.. 40 something jumps on mine and i dont see any signs of the foam coming off anytime soon. BUT, i do notice that at the end of the day, my face is black where the goggles sat, from the foam or whatever, it leaves a residue. Not that it matters at all anyway. I'm thinking about buying a pair of Gatorz, but i dunno. i dont think they'll block enough air, but we'll see.

So, lemm get this right . . . you wanna spend -more- money than you need to?

Mkay . . . http://www.wiley-x.com/products.php.

These freekin' rock, but be aware because of temple width they don't ALL fit under ALL helmets. I have a pair of XL-1s that are very cool for my Mindwarp, but don't really fit with my BatRak.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Goggles are like damn near every other piece of skydiving equipment: what fits me might not fit you. We all have different size heads (don't even get me started on how to hijack the thread with that statement) and goggles all fit differently. I've worn the hell out of $7 goggles and thrown some megabucks eyewear in the "for sale" pile after one jump.

Right now I'm wearing the Flexvision. I got hooked on them when I started doing tandems. They DEFINITELY do not rank high on the "cool" scale but they work (for me) and they're DIRT cheap. Not saying that they'll work for you, just that you don't need to spend big bucks to find something that works.

My suggestion: go to a good gear store, boogie, or whatever and try on a variety of goggles. Find a pair that fits and try 'em out.

Worst case, run around the DZ and try on everyone else's to find something that fits.

Elvisio

Worst case, run around the DZ and try on everyone else's to find something that fits.

Can i try ur rig/jumpsuit/goggles/place in the next load/girlfriend... Sounds like I could make a good skydiving career out of that!:ph34r:

dude, with 12 jumps stick with something simple.

http://www.dropshopsales.com/accessories.htm

Flexivision's are great. Very cheap, i find them comfortable (some dont) and they have a nice clear visability.

If your still in AFF progression, what are you jumping right now?

Have you asked your instructors to see what they recommend?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Dude! I was lookin at those. I have a mindwarp also. Are they worth the money? How are the lenses, I hate crappy lenses in glasses. The glasses I'm using now make rainbows on everything>:(
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

Dude! I was lookin at those. I have a mindwarp also. Are they worth the money? How are the lenses, I hate crappy lenses in glasses. The glasses I'm using now make rainbows on everything

They're very cool. I can't really say if they're "worth the money" but they're very high quality. If you get the metalic coated lenses from anyone, they'll have a tendancy to create "rainbows" if you have fingerprints on them. Obviously this doesn't (certainly shouldn't) happen with clear, regular tint or polarized lenses.

Polarized lenses will make "rainbows" on stressed plastics (typically visible in the rear windows of cars). But that has nothing to do with the quality of the lens, just how polarized light works.

Anyway, like I said, the XL-1s I have are pretty cool. Other than that, I can't really say. Yeah, they're expensive though.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver