yexotay

life sucks still...

Anyone that has been injured knows that recovery is slow and the darkest days of life. I have been on the heal for about 21 months now and still can't walk that well and with lots of pain. I still have one more surgery...does it get better? wanted to return to my normal life by now.

.does it get better? .

It has gotten better, and it will continue to do so. keep your head up. you are going through a huge personal test. You are in your normal life, maybe not the same as it was. But definatly your life, own that, and learn what you can. I wish we could all take a little of the pain away from you. But i don't doubt that we all have had or will have pain of our own. best wishes bro, hang in there

hey bro...it will get better ;)
i know people that stayed 3 years out of buissnes and made it to "come-back"...
always remember what SLIM sayed a time ago...
"...and cripples can fly...!"
hang on dude:)
best wishes for you recovery...

keep the smile on your face bro,its a hard time...
heal faster:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Anyone that has been injured knows that recovery is slow and the darkest days of life. I have been on the heal for about 21 months now and still can't walk that well and with lots of pain. I still have one more surgery...does it get better? wanted to return to my normal life by now.

it's funny you post that today. I broke my fib in mid Apr - I have been walking for past 6 weeks - and made 2 jumps today. A "currency" jump from a balloon :) and a wingsuit skydive. And I decided that I need at least another month off in order to not re-injure myself. I know that's nothing compared to what you are going through, but still sucks :(

still can't walk that well and with lots of pain.

At least you CAN walk!!! >:(
Believe me it could be a lot worse!
NEVER GIVE UP!

I mean this with nothing but respect - but imagine you live in Somalia - say, Mogadishu. They don't even have surgeons, let alone an organized health system. When I've had my surgeries and pitfalls in life, I try to remember these types of things (-:

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

does it get better? wanted to return to my normal life by now.

return to your pre-injured life?

doubt it will happen. you'll appreciate those that helped you through this ordeal. and you might already be distanced from "friends" who failed to step up.

no, you'll know far better who to trust. who cares for you.

if your injuries happened jumping, odds are you'll be safer, humbler, and fight to keep others from "sharing your experience."
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Yeah dude, I've been down for a long month after a shoulder surgery and I just can't take it.

Sorry to hear your extreme case. Hang in there, it seems you'll make it.

Hey dude,
I broke my fib in two places and dislocated my ankle on June 2 at Moab. I had surgery the next week. I was laying in bed about a week after surgery, and had told my wife I didn't feel like getting up and I was going to watch the news for a few more minutes before getting up. I switched the channel to the news, and they immediately ran a story about a dude that lost both legs and part of a hand in an Iraq bombing. He was only about 8 months from his injuries and already skiing and rock climbing.
Realizing that no matter how bad I thought I had it, there was always someone who has it worse. I immediately got up and started getting ready for work, and haven't done much complaining about having to use crutches since then! Hang in there bro, and maybe we will meet at an exit point in the future when we are both well again.B|
321CYA
Sitflybaseboy
BASE 1043 Night BASE 160
BASE is to skydivers as skydiving is to whuffos