gus

Troll MDV with fine mesh slider

Does anyone have a good number of fine mesh vs big mesh jumps with a Troll MDV in the 10-ish second delay range? How noticeable is the difference? Any change in the consistency of the openings? I'm getting whacked a bit with my big mesh, using direct and indirect control, a 36" zp pc, rolling the nose and pulling in a track.

Thanks,

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

dude 10 seconds is terminal and your pulling in a track
with a 36 yes i would try fine mess and a smaller PC. I dont no where your jumping but that most be killing your back. after a while it will lead to serious long term affects
u can get compression factures of the vertibate from hard opening. find out what the smallest PC u can use is 32 F-111 or 28" good luck and my u have softer opening
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

If you're having hard openings at terminal with large mesh, then use a small mesh slider. I've had the same problem numerous times on different canopies (not on a Troll MDV though) and use of a small mesh slider was the best solution.

Another tip is to sit up during deployments to ease the moment of intertia on your body and neck. In the last second of your track, flare your body so you are head high and dump. Good luck.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

hi gus,
i am jumping troll mdv with fine mesh on terminal jumps,works fine. but i do not pull out of full track.ask atair to make you one small mesh slider.rolling nose and slider control is good idea.
take care
hannes

Is this setup different than the one you use with the wingsuit? if so, how?

Kris.

I have heard from a handful of people that direct control has caused them harder openings rather than just using indirect. Not a great sample, but what do others think about this?

Have you spoken to R&K about this?

I have heard from a handful of people that direct control has caused them harder openings rather than just using indirect. Not a great sample, but what do others think about this?

I've had the opposite experience. I've found that direct control can greatly slow the openings, especially if you take a lot of the slider into the stow, or use a very tight stow.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com