TomAiello

Rules Reminder: Pedophilia

All,

With the recent discussions of pedophilia, I think we all need to take a moment and review the Forum Rules.

In particular, notice that the second forum rule (there are only four) is as follows:

No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None.

Also, please read the explanation given a bit further down that page:

References to pedophilia can only be made in a factual context or in discussion of certain political and social issues. Outside of those limited contexts Dropzone.com will have a zero-tolerance policy to pedophilia and any reference thereto will be removed without explanation.

This means that discussions of actual, specific actions or real situations is permissible, but generalized jokes about pedophilia (and in many cases specific jokes about real situations) are not permitted.

Feel free to express your opinion about real situations, or to discuss the legal, moral, or ethical ramifications of them. Please refrain from turning them into jokes, or posting short jests that add nothing new to tthe conversation.

I have edited a couple of posts that contained these sorts of things. If you see a specific post that offends you, please PM me and point it out, and I'll have a look.

Please consider this your warning on the subject. Henceforth, I will begin banning (with no additional warning) posters of pedophilia jokes.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Only vegans, killing vegans is OK.

Memo to Tom : Remember to lock stickies. ;)

You have got to be kidding me. Why in the hell would a forum on skydiving and other related activities have a rule specifying the intolerance for discussions related to pedophilia, or atleast jokes about the subject? Doesn't that seem kind of weird. Maybe this is a joke and I'm missing something.

It's because Sangiro owns the site and he wants it that way. Nothing more complex than that...

It's because this site is filled with dickheads that would joke about that kind of thing...

.-|-.Kaint.-|-.

I'm pretty sure that if you go to google and put in the right search terms, some of the hits will lead to this site.

What would be bad is if the "wrong" search terms (references to pedophilia) led to this site...especially if those being led to this site were LEOs hunting pedophiles.

The next thing you know, someone has a warrant and Sangiro is getting a late-night knock at the door. Okay, maybe not a knock.

Something about "not meeting trouble halfway" comes to mind.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Rhonda

I so wholeheartedly disagree with your reasoning here, but due to my newfound spirit of mutual respect and non confrontation i will refrain from labouring the point any further.

peace

ian

Rhonda

I so wholeheartedly disagree with your reasoning here, but due to my newfound spirit of mutual respect and non confrontation i will refrain from labouring the point any further.

peace

ian

Well, according to what I've been told, the actual reason here is to set a minimum standard of discourse.

Nonetheless, there are many other websites with the same rule, and the reason is what I cited above.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

****sounds of tongue being chewed off****

Okay.

edited to add : that would be an adult tongue, not an infant's.