deadmanwalking

60ft cliff stowed!!

Hi Tom,
This jump was done this year. I sent you the clip. Peter says 3 meters.
Take care,
space

That ain't so much..
I did a 30' STOWED off a bridge in CA on 10-23-2005.<<

Did I mention that STOWED in this case means my rig was still STOWED in my stash bag on my back?

I just got back to work after 4 months rehab...

Thats quote of the month:D......:o

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Just thought I would bunch up your panties with the whole revolution thing:P But I really did ski off a 60 foot cliff going about 35mph and it was really fun!!!B| This was also near the top of a 14,000 foot peak and my canopy flight was about 3,000 feet down a valley, that was almost better than the jump. So go rent skis and try this at home, its so easy even your friends can do it!
Symmetry doesn't matter.

Super.

So you want a cookie or something?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Different things attract different people. Some people love the big walls, some find their thing in the ultra low stuff. To each his own.

Go your own way.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Way to go deadmanwalking. You were able to perform the worlds lowest base jump freefall ever done before in the world. and you even threw your ski poles before you threw your pilot chute. were you stowed or stoned?

All these haters can piss and moan about what they think is revolutionary or not, but the bottom line is you won!! you did the lowest one ever.

it is an interesting aspect of this major revolution, that the line is crossed so frequently between ski jumps with and without parachutes. Today I saw a fellow huck one of our local ski base objects raw dawg. I am keen to get some follow cam of him off of it and I will for sure use my parachute.

There are nordic ski jumpers doing 8.5 second flights sans parachute.

people are going bigger more and more frequently because we are evolving to have more skill in the air allowing for more prepared and calculated impacts. Further, with the increase in popularity of anabolic steroids in both skiing and base, we will continue to see the revolution revolutionate revolutionarily.

In reply to:

"This is so lame!
60' might be ok for special olympics. Cool people (like frenchies) launch from 0', and they use no stinking skies either. "

Hey Dip Stick... its spelled: skis

There are nordic ski jumpers doing 8.5 second flights sans parachute.

I really enjoyed the olympic ski-jumping. the commentator mentioned the height being equal to a 20+ story building (IIRC).

wonder what it looks like from a helmet cam?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

...you did the lowest one ever.

Reference the above posts by Space and myself. I am 100% certain (and I have the video to prove it) that Peter Gambs as made lower stowed jumps.

It's funny how some folks are always claiming to be the "first" or the "best" or the most whatever without actually researching what has been done before.

Hey, I've got a great new idea! I'm going to go ski off a cliff! No one has ever thought of that before! I'll be the only person in the world to ever do it! :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

How about I ride on your back and hold your pilot chute. Somebody at the exit point will be holding a long static line attached to my pilot chute. You can ski off the edge with me in tow and once my canopy is out, I'll PCA you.

Sound good?

How about I ride on your back and hold your pilot chute. Somebody at the exit point will be holding a long static line attached to my pilot chute. You can ski off the edge with me in tow and once my canopy is out, I'll PCA you.

Sound good?

Dont forget about that gainer with a half twist.....while ridding toms back....:o That's revolutionary....:P

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

dude! i just took a dump... STOWED!

glad you had fun playing with parachutes. they rock. for base jumping, skydiving, paragliding, 60foot ski jumps, and even tards. :)
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE