dmcoco84

BASE and Camelbaks

That is 5 people now I've heard that have jumped with one without any problems so........... We'll see.

well the internet says youll be fine, so what could possibly go wrong?

Well a few on the forum have said they have had no problems, a few in pm’s and I also talked about it with a friend of mine at the drop zone this weekend and he mentioned a very experienced jumper jumps with one also and never had a problem.

The way I see it from everyone’s input: As long as there is very little to no water in the CB and it does not create a significant gap between your back and the rig, pin tension should not be affected because it will not cause a curvature in the rig around the CB. With an empty CB I see no other issues other than the fact that you can’t wear a spin protector as Chad stated. I have tried wearing it on the front with my rig on and it isn’t very comfortable and will get in the way while doing aerials.

I am planning on doing some tests before I jump a CB with a buddy to make sure this thought is correct. Check it at 0 water all the way up to about ¼. Anything more than ¼ of 70 oz is a no brainier that it will be too thick. But if pin tension in not an issue my plan is to chug a red bull, then take about 25-35 oz’s up the tower with me and at the top, dump out whatever I don’t use. Take a piss :D and jump. Then if I’m doing multiple jumps I can refill no the ground.

The main purpose of my desire to wear a CB is so I have less stops. Then I can climb even faster.

L8er
Coco

im j/k man... youll be fine. dont worry to much about it.. you are a base jumper, you know what to look for, and will know when shit wont wrok...who cares what the internet says

wrok wrok wrok

I put mine under jacket or shirt and stow the tube also after dumping leftover water out. My cb is pretty small so space is really not an issue.

I put mine under jacket or shirt and stow the tube also after dumping leftover water out. My cb is pretty small so space is really not an issue.

Pete,

I know you built a rig with a little pocket in it for what was undoubtedly an FCC approved use of some radio equipment. Have you ever built/used one with a camelback pocket?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

UPDATE:

Did some low tech testing and did not notice any change in pin tension. Decided to go ahead and give it a try and jumped with the CB on my back under my rig earlier this evening. Took all the air and water out of the punch and geared up. With all my warm cloths on it was pretty bulky and slightly uncomfortable. Despite that once I stepped off I didn't even realize it was there. So...It worked fine but I probably will just stick with a platypus in a stomach pouch.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Coco

No, but I am considering a water storage "option " for my redesigned "cliff pack".Civilian radios are so small these days you could put one in your pants and make believe you have a BIG package.