Sean621

wtf?

I really hope this is a drunken post/joke/troll wind up cos the ramifications are pretty ugly if it's true.

ian

I have been emailing with the author and I'm not sure what conclusion to draw, just yet.

If anyone knows a Mike that jumps with a Scott in Norcal, that could help.

Other than that, I'm waiting for her to email me back.

If anyone wants to see the emails, PM me. I won't post them.

If anyone has any more information about this incident, I'd appreciate a heads up. I am trying to help the family find details, survivors, etc.

What we know so far is that he jumper's name was Scott, that he was jumping somewhere in Southern California, that he was 22 years old, and that he had very few (if any) prior BASE jumps.

He was apparently jumping with someone named Chad, from Oregon (this is definitely not Chad from Seattle, who posts here), and someone named Mike, from Florida or the Gulf Coast.

It is unclear if he had any prior BASE experience, but if he did it was minimal. It is unclear if he was using BASE gear or skydiving gear.

If anyone here knows any of these people (Chad from Oregon, Mike from Florida or the Gulf Coast who was very recently in California, or Scott Denham from Oregon, now living in Southern California) I'd very much appreciate any infomation you can share about how to contact them.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I just got off the phone with the dzo in Madera and he knows the name but no info on an accident. He is checking around a bit and will call me with further info.