deadmanwalking

Slider up 300 feet!

I think you will live.
I PCA a good friend of mine once, Slider-Up from the steel under bridge once from about 335-340 ft. and he had HEAPS of flytime.
I think you would have no problems. as long as you set yourself up with the Right slider-up pack job. While having a open a clear spot to land close below.
Anyway I would think that type of jump common and has already been done to death and run into the ground.....;)

I think a slider up go-n-throw from 300 feet will be just fine if you have good landing options. It will be scary, but you'll be just fine.

Edit: I don't think you'll notice much difference between the different sliders (large mesh/small mesh/sail) with a go-n-throw. I use a small mesh slider on everything. I think where you'd notice the difference is once you're over a couple seconds of freefall.

That would be crazy hun!

what would be the reasoning supporting the choice of equipment that undeniably increases the chance for carnage?
just curious.

thanks

be safe

kleggo

what would be the reasoning supporting the choice of equipment that undeniably increases the chance for carnage?

Two possibilities:

1) You are a paraplegic BASE jumper with severe osteoporosis, and your bones can't take a slider off opening without breaking. That means that you need to use a slider up rig, but you also need a water landing, and the best object you can find to get your 'E' (overhung, over water, exit point that allows a "sit and push off exit") is at a lower altitude than another jumper would select a slider up configuration for.

2) You are an internet Troll who is hoping to get a rise out of people.

Take your pick. ;)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think you will live.
I PCA a good friend of mine once, Slider-Up from the steel under bridge once from about 335-340 ft. and he had HEAPS of flytime.
I think you would have no problems. as long as you set yourself up with the Right slider-up pack job. While having a open a clear spot to land close below.
Anyway I would think that type of jump common and has already been done to death and run into the ground.....;)

Was that not you that was once at the bottom of a double slider up freefall assist from a famous 486' S?

Maybe but I think it was a triple with one no-slider and two slider-up and I was at the bottom. if your talking about Idaho.but that thing is way tall
In the post above, I was referring to a slider-up about 6-7 years ago I one time gave Slim . from the steel of a local bridge up here that is over a small gorge. That long ago a slider-up in the 300 ft. range was a pretty ballsy jump. Today's standards it is Normal everyday Shit.