bertusgeert

Rope Jumping B

Just a random thought/question.

Is it possible to then do a rope jump at some downtown location? That would be BADASS to see.

This is directed to the physics of it, not the ovious issues with security.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

There was a bungee guy who specialized in that sort of thing. I've got some insane footage of him jumping (bungee) the interior of a high rise building (it's open pretty much all the way up inside).

High speed bandit rigging sounds pretty frightening to me.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I actualy have my ROPE-BASE....
(yeah, i'm that big of a loser)
If anybody wants details pm me, i never worried much about it, but after i did the B, i had to finish it so we did a night at the A.
Buildings are quite easy if you can get access to 2 next to each other. (like high rise college dorms;)) well, easy physicaly, just illegal.
A's get complex, only done it once, and used the bottem 400' of a really big one, and we used the wires for some creative rigging.
bridges are easy
Cliffs are our specialty.

-SPACE-

I actualy have my ROPE-BASE....

That's one of the most bad-ass things I've ever read on these forums. Nice work!

"High speed bandit rigging sounds pretty frightening to me. "

With excellent scouting, and prerigging, the way we did it, it was incredibly safe. I didnt hesitate.

The only thing is, unless its a rural B, only 1 jump can be made, unless 2(sets of main and reserve) lines are set up off the main anchors.
When we did it, only 1 jump was made. I had a lot of climbers who knew what they were doing with the gear help out. definatly no solo jobs.

This does not count as my B, (hell, i AM a loser:S)

but, i thought it was pretty cool.

In my hometown, a mall was being torn down, and in the early parts of it, some freinds and me broke into the place and set up a jump in the old Atrium. The Valted ceilings were around 90', and the ceiling windows yeilded nicely to our bricks and made perfect exit points. The freefall was only 50' or so, but we had full reign of the place for about a week before it got completely torn down. It was great fun swinging inside with all the old arcade games and other weird earthbound peoplestuff one finds in a mall.

AHAH, cool to know. more stuff to dream about....:)

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

There's some sweet footage of Jimmy doing a rope-BASE (complete with 3-ring cutaway on the rope) in our video, Stoopid BASE.

Edited to add: I'm still working on that DVD, for those of you who've been PM-ing me. :$
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."