base704

Will a kitten survive a free-fall-assist from 320' with a 46" p/c?

He threw it into the wall??:D At one point he was in a uncontrollable spin;)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

ooohh Are you talking to me......cornshit. Really, "charmspoop" that's a good one. By the way a bear wouldn't have to be shot unless you REALLY STINK. What happened to the "brotherly , familia, community? People must be bored or boring. Since we're all on a humor roll here. I prefer Sienfeld for laughs. Cheers.***
is it dark yet

So Jaap, do you have any more pics of that jump after your exit? If not, what happened?

I just pitched high, facing the bridge. Definitely not an aerial to try off a cliff... ;)

Spun it around and ended up landing in a circle that got me a 50 dollar world lottery ticket that led me to waste an hour of my life that I'm not getting back... >:(

Oh well, my fault. Can't complain.

Fortunately the second jump went a lot better. Unstable exit followed by one full line-twist and losing both toggles. But I called it out that way and it was intentional, so then it's allright, right?

Dude, this is soooooo something Dwain would have been a part of.....speaking of which, has anyone still got that t-shirt???:D
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Hamsters BASE too!!

That is not a hamster.
It's a Guinea Pig making a tree landing.

This reminds me of D.W.s road kill series. "Road kill cat" and "Road kill fox".
Anyone have copies of those videos? I'd love to see them again.
Go forth now, to the promised lands, and swear much unto each other, with mighty profanity and many personal attacks. T.A.

People, who are we to choose on behalf of the cat that it can't enjoy the same sport that we do?

I am sure there are plenty of cats out there that want to make the natural transition from napping and drinking milk into base. But we never think that its up to us to help them gear up (thank you, oppsable thumbs).

Here is a prime example - http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=51154 - now how much more fun would this little fella have had with a kitty-Flik on?

Shame on us for not considering their extreme needs.

This reminds me of D.W.s road kill series. "Road kill cat" and "Road kill fox".
Anyone have copies of those videos? I'd love to see them again.

I've got a couple of them. Road Kill Possum is definitely a classic. I think my favorite part is when Dwain is throwing rocks at Ray as he wades across the near-freezing waters of a fast moving creek (he'd landed out and had to wade back to meet them). DJ is in the background saying "here is Ray, pioneer of new landing areas, crosser of cold creeks..."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Check out this page on Feline Terminal Velocity and how they land on their feet.

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web.stuff/Kuhns/terminal_velocity.htm

...how they land on their feet.

Not always.

Stolen from the Bonfire:

Kitty Game
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb