Tigrikit

Low Crane Jump

Rehosted in .Mov format. Still needs VLC or several plugins added to Quicktime to play.

I think the guy got lucky on body position at deployment, but it's hard to tell from this angle.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

What do you make of this video (need QuickTime or VLC Player to watch).

"it's the lowest acrobatics for sure" - is what he said at the end. With handheld PC ...
the landing looked ver ungraceful, and lack of helmet could of been very bad if the dude did not get lucky. Looked like some kind of rail tracks that he was tripping over.

I would definately hold the video camera on such a jump - but would also definately NOT do it (the way it was done in the video)

but what do I know ...

Molodez chto vizhil.

B12's aren't standard, but I've seen them on plenty of harnesses. They're very convenient for gearing up in tight spaces. I can't recall how much they cost as an option, but they're definitely available.

On B12's, be sure that you snap the B12 before taking the PC out to go hand held. I've seen people snap the bridle into the leg strap on accident. Also, check the B12's just before exit, I know a B12 somehow (no idea how) came loose during the climb over of the rail on the bridge here, leaving the jumper outside the rail and minus one leg strap.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com