RkyMtnHigh

Highest? Lowest?

I agree - what specifically are you asking?

For me:

Highest relative altitude exit to landing with a significant freefall = 5700ft.
Highest relative altitude exit to landing without a significant freefall (s/l) = about 9500ft.
Lowest with a packed canopy = 98 ft.

Note that my definition of what is lowest has to include the proviso that you would more than likely die if

you jumped without a parachute. Otherwise the answer for lowest IS ZERO, and the competition is over.

That is unless of course you made the "highest" jump aftre the mushrooms and then had a real bad experience

coming off the high. As they say, no matter how bad you think things in your life are, there is always

someone who is lower than you. ;)

I think Yuri is the winner!!
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

No kidding! As poorly as many guys use the word pussy, you'd think the majority of them were into other guys and hated the pussy. How sad. ;)

You say, what's that sound coming out of the hole in the wood?

id like to hear about the dam jump... canopy flight time?

It was a very short canopy ride. If you know the way old unvented FOX canopies inflate, then you can imagine. It was over water, but I basically had time to reach up for the toggles and then I was wet.

This jump was pretty early in my BASE career, so my ability to analyze the jump was limited. I knew that it scared me and that I was content with that one jump there.

I did go back later with some friends to look at it (I left out the part about having already jumped it because I didn't want that to factor into their decision making process) and they elected to not jump. There was a jet of water (that wasn't there when I jumped it) exiting the base of the dam, shooting across the landing pool, so the landing area was basically cut in half.

I don't think jumping it at the time was a good idea, and I probably wouldn't jump it again, but it's a memory I have if nothing else.

2000' E. /2000' A,
tallest

190'A freefall over ground, 170'E over water
140' Other. PCA

Lowest with a packed canopy = 98 ft.

Yikes! Over water i'm guessing?