callahan

Color of your jumpsuit or clothes ?

It was a toss up to put this in gear and rigging or safety and training . I was just wondering if people consider the color of your jumpsuit or clothes you wear for freefall . When we're on jumprun it's easy to spot a white plane that's going over some dark ground way down below . In the summer , I usually wear a white sweatshirt for sit jumps to make myself easier to see . In the winter it's a dark one if there's snow on the ground . I almost lost sight of a friend on a sitjump because they were all over the sky and the jumpsuit they were wearing was very difficult to see with the color of the ground . They got below me . If someone drifted into my airspace , it sure would be alot easier to see them come pull time if they were wearing something that was bright and easy to see . What do you think about the subject ?

I think you need to re-think your choice of skydives, not your color selections. If you cannot maintain reasonable proximity with another jumper, neither of you are ready for two-way freeflying.

More solo jumps, and jumps with a more experienced freeflyer to establish your baseline skills are needed before venturing into two-ways.

I think colour choice to make your handles more visible etc should have a higher priority than that, for the reasons mentioned above. (I'm guilty myself though for ordering a blue body on my RW suit and having a blue reserve handle - I never use that suit anyway though :P)

I'm a big one for major color differences for handles and pilot chutes (compared to rig/harness/jumpsuit colors). My rig is black/red/gold and my cutaway handle is blue, as is my pilot chute. Visibility, for you and others, is good.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

first I bought a Matter Pants, was grey with yellow and white stripes, then bought a new canopy same colours, now got new pants you can see on www.piis.ch, piis colours are orange with blue designed stripes, I got inverted colours, blue and orange. Gotta change canopy now :P:P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM