Base66

BASE 66 looking for ride to Bridge Day

Hi there,

Anybody arriving at Charleston airport on October 12 in the afternoon? I am arriving at 3.34 p.m. and looking to share a ride with somebody to Holiday Inn.

Jevto
BASE 66

Are you going to jump Claudia? :-)
I enjoyed very much reading your book!
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Hey there Jevto

I arrive at Charleston at 1840 ish; if you haven't secured an earlier ride and like airport bars, you would more then welcome to get a ride with me.... :)
Ivan
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Ivan,

That’s great. I will be waiting drunk in a bar. Do you have a cell phone number so we can connect. Mine is below. Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Jevto

Jevto Dedijer

Tel. 418 529-8558

Cell. 418 563-7063

CRW is a pretty cool little airport. They graded flat the top of a West Virginia hill in order to build it. But there isn't a bar there, per say. There's a "lounge" though, Tudor's Biscuit World & Family Restaurant . . . http://www.yeagerairport.com/Facilities.html

The nice waitresses there will bring you bottles of beer in their apron pockets, like the ketchup . . .

Your chances of meeting up with someone on their way to the Bridge aren't as good on Wednesday as it would be the next day and so on. But, I took a cab to the bridge one year. Including the two stops at liquor stores I paid 50 bucks and the cabbie spent the night and partied with us at the Holiday Inn. The last time I saw him at midnight he was still shuttling jumpers to the beer store and back. Saturday, he took the whole day off and brought his entire family, including both grandparents; up to the bridge in his cab . . . the kids loved it . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

But, I took a cab to the bridge one year. Including the two stops at liquor stores I paid 50 bucks

Two stops on the way to the bridge, its not that long a drive Nick!!

--nic

Don't really want to post my cell on an open forum - will PM you....

Look forward to meeting you mate, and boring you with questions about your experiences :P
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

No , Claudia retired in 1988 and her daughter is not into BASE. See ya at Bridge Day.

Chees,

Jevto