TVPB

Government Deploys Anti BASE Jumping Measures

Does anyone know the names of the politicians backing this $4million waste ?
I'd like to write to them expressing my oppinion of how my tax money is spent,

They give out free needles to drug addicts (which I agree with) so why not give a tower to Base addicts, would be cheaper then $4mill

wouldnt a $4mill preventive system actually make the jump more encouraging ? like "hey they spent $4 mill and couldn't stop me" ??

I can just see them spending $4mill then standing up in parliment in 2 years time and saying how no longer are people getting killed because of all the thousends of jumpers landing on people who just happen to be swimming below the bridge at 2am lol

Also its ilegal to jetski in the harbour (because of the yuppies who don't like the noise out the front of there $20mill water front mansion) so will jet ski riders who happen to ride ilegally and sustain an injury have to pay for there medical help ?

Not in a welfare sense but society "should" take up the more legitimate liabilities of its most fringe cases. The guy soloing his small sailboat around the world, the climber topping out three times in a week, and the BASE jumpers pushing it hard in inaccessible places, all deserve an occasional rescue.

In a free world that also means saving the refugees from the "jackass" cult, but that's part of the package. To say no to one shaky endeavor is to say no to them all. And, humankind is richer for having madmen . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

How many BASE and skydives did Ben have?

70 skydives and 150 base jumps
So I've been told...
Jen
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."