Basedude

Tracking Suits V velro closed containers

Just wondering if many people jump velcro closed containers when using tracking suits. Given the increased tracking speeds with these types of suits,how high is the risk of a premature opening.Im going to be buying a PF pants/jacket combo soon but am hoping that I can safely use my velcro closed rig with them. Any opinions/feedback appreciated.

D.

Given that some of the best people are getting PF performance that is comparable to early wingsuits, my initial recommendation is not to do it.

If your velcro flap tucks away into the top-flap, and your PF performance is not well developed yet, you might get away with it.

That is just my opinion, and not based on any experience or wisdom. Please ask other, more intelligent, people.

Velcro wears very fast. Should not be a prob with a less than 50 jump shrivel flap made with "original Velcro". There are subs out there that are not even close.
take care,
space

Just wondering if many people jump velcro closed containers when using tracking suits. Given the increased tracking speeds with these types of suits,how high is the risk of a premature opening.Im going to be buying a PF pants/jacket combo soon but am hoping that I can safely use my velcro closed rig with them. Any opinions/feedback appreciated.

To quote TA:
"It would, I think, be quite foolish to ignore the last 20 years of BASE gear development. "

That pretty much sums it up--why would you?
pope

I suppose it would depend on the delay I was taking, in Norway...probably not a good idea...on something sub terminal...like a 10 second delay,.......probably wouldnt have to worry about it....just tracking. throw in aerials...
YMMV

~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Dont believe the Lie.
Dude any BASE object in the World that you jump with a Pin-Rig you can jump with a Velcro-Rig.
That includes Wingsuit and Jumping at terminal air speeds.

hehehe... velcro's fine. I have an odyssey with a tuck flap. Aerials, Norway, tracking (w/PF suit), etc... all just fine. Just make sure you watch the condition of the velcro. I think it's a good idea for a rig with a tuck flap tho...;)
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

Dude any BASE object in the World that you jump with a Pin-Rig you can jump with a Velcro-Rig.

Of course you can jump any object or any jump with velcro rig but is it the best choice for any jump ? Or are there better choices too ? In skydiving rigs used to be loaded with velcro, then people started experimenting new ways of flying (freeflying, wingsuits) that exposed the rigs to faster airspeeds and airflows coming from different angles over the rigs. And at that point skydiving manufacturers started to remove the velcro from skydiving rigs and today we are at the point where velcro is literally extinct from modern skydyving rigs. Now aren't we seeing this same evolution in BASE ? People are experimenting new ways to fly, doing aerials, flying tracking suits and WS. When you think about WS base or aerial basejumping, aren't the requirements to the rig pretty similar than doing WS flights from plane or doing some freeflying ? How many of us would be comfortable of going to do some serious headdown flying with old racer elite container ?
http://www.ufufreefly.com

I don't know? Just look at Jen's avatar. Looks like when she showed up at Kjerag with a velcro rig they threw her right off.:P
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"