aj4218

BASE Magazine #1!

Actually, I'd be really interested in it because I remember you interviewed me that year, this after you taught me my first jump course in '84. I was pretty full of myself, I think, talking about how it felt jumping off the 'high' bridge again after doing buildings and 300' cliffs, sub 200" grain elevators, teaching some others and getting caught, etc.

Strange thing is, less then a month after the interview, I had a 180 on opening up a new object and hit a smokestack, breaking my hip on landing. About 6 weeks later, just barely (not even) healed, I broke the other leg skiing. That smokestack was the last base jump I did until 2002.

Rob Price
BASE 92
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

sub 200" grain elevators, teaching some others and getting caught, etc.

Rob you sick fuck. that's a ridiculously low 16feet but enough to break a limb or two. What deployment method you use on that.;)

ian

Rob you sick fuck. that's a ridiculously low 16feet but enough to break a limb or two. What deployment method you use on that.;)

He said sub 200". He's probably over-stating the height. This so-called "grain elevator" is probably just a standard bread box or something.

:PMichael

I suppose if there was enough interest I could produce a new edition on CD, perhaps cdrom with the back issues, historical video clips and a few pictures and offer package via mail order.

count me inB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey guys, Kevin Vennel and I have been out in Galveston Bay all day and he's passed out in the living room. Boy is he going go love this thresd, he has a huge ego. This is Rick Harrison and Kevin, Smitty and I jumped together a lot in 83-87. Nigel, hello!! We had some unforgetable times. FYI, at New River 83, Kevin went off right after a guy from Louisiana. They yelled at each other to do CRW. It was the first 2 stack on a BASE object. Prettly good too. Kevin came out to New River this last year with Joy, Randy and I. We only did 1 on Sat. but another later on. NICK, behave! Join us at Perrine this Aug. 6-8. We figured we'd come out and do a few and maybe bring an old 23' round for fun.
Anyway, the old days were great and there are a lot of crazy stories from those days. By the way, Smitty is still in Houston. We talked to him just before New River, but I think he's smart enough to avoid us.
CYA
Rick Harrison
BASE 38
PS. Joy says I have to get off or I'll sound senile.
Rick

ian

damn nitpickers!B|
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone