skyglider

The Inner Calling of BASE

"Yes, you got me there, but it would be on "our" own terms . . . I mean if you didn’t agree with something at least you'd be arguing with a BASE jumper."

good point.

for the price of a A wind tunnel?
isnt that quite a bit of cash?

from what research i hav put einto my own tower, a 700meter tower would cost around 2 million. plus the land its on.
and whatever else for permits for altitude restricstions.
i thought a wind tunnel was upwards of 15 million.

Wind tunnels like skyventure can be built for 2 to 4 million. I did a fairly complete buisness plan on on them several years ago.

A base specific tower is a nice idea, but who is going to travel to jump an A when they have them all over the place for nothing. Sure, a few people will who won't jump at night or don't do illegal jumps, and sure, I'd love to do a daytime tower jump or two. I think that it would be hard to make the payments on a tower with base income. Lets say you charged $10 per elevator ride, at 10,000 jumps per year thats only $100,000 in annual revenue. The payment book on $2M would be around $15,000.00 per year, and that does not include any other operating expenses like insurance, labor, etc. I guess that if you could rent out some space for transmitters you could get it to break even, but I'm just not sure the economics are there.... yet.

If only Donald Trump had a soft spot for base jumpers. :)

If only Donald Trump had a soft spot for base jumpers. :)

Last I heard Donald Trumps' soft spot was somwhere in the area of a $25K fine.:S
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"