hookitt

Tailgate Gator-aid (help)

While driving to Twin Falls, a large quantity of Gatorade was spilled into the console of my truck.

Sadly, the tailgate I was about to install on my canopy was in the console and it was thoroughly drowned for a minimum of 45 minutes. To top it off, cinnamon gum (brand name slutinex) was soaked as well therefore the tailgate was immersed in a solution of cinna-orange concoction.

I rinsed it off in clean water (it has since dried) so here's my question:

Is it still safe to use the tailgate or will the cinna-orange residue dissolve my lines to determine my fate? Or worse, will the tailgate explode upon opening shock? Please advise as I'm scheduled to jump in 2 hours.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

While driving to Twin Falls, a large quantity of Gatorade was spilled into the console of my truck.

Sadly, the tailgate I was about to install on my canopy was in the console and it was thoroughly drowned for a minimum of 45 minutes. To top it off, cinnamon gum (brand name slutinex) was soaked as well therefore the tailgate was immersed in a solution of cinna-orange concoction.

I rinsed it off in clean water (it has since dried) so here's my question:

Is it still safe to use the tailgate or will the cinna-orange residue dissolve my lines to determine my fate? Or worse, will the tailgate explode upon opening shock? Please advise as I'm scheduled to jump in 2 hours.

not exactly the point, but when I lost my tailgate, I got through just fine using paper tape as high on the lines as possible....

on a funny note - Your truck has a tailgate in the console area ? WTF ?

Tim
Lucky for you I happened to bring with me from Seattle a bottle of "Big Al's Miracle Tailgate Cleaning Solution". Look me up over at the Comfort Inn and we will get you back in BASE bizness in no time!
Cya soon
Alan

Dude! You should buy a Lotto ticket! In diggin in the glove box for your bottle of "Big Al's Miracle tailgate cleaning solution" I found...not one but two bottles of "Big Als Super Cell Phone Cleaner "!
Geez! I wish I was as lucky as you!
Al

Well, good luck with the cinna-orange tailgate. If you're really concerned, look up Jimmy and Marta. They will probably have a field kit with some tailgates in it...

Don't you people carry spares? What the????

Peace,
K

Im with Karen on this one. If you are too cheap and need an extra one pm me your addy and I will send one out. Throw that sucka out (this only goes for Hookitt). I bet it won't hurt a thing but why put that crap in your gear?

Don't you people carry spares? What the????

Matt Davies

Thank you everyone for taking this ever so serious post so seriously.

Being a long time rigger, I called an emergency riggers meeting to discuss this very important matter. After hours of deliberation, inspection and discussion, a conclusion was drawn.

But first;

That was my extra Tailgate.

Console is the center console where you place miscellaneous stuff IE: coins, toothpicks, cellphones, condoms, and the occasional extra tailgate.

I am too cheap. Please send me one or several to the address in your PM box.

And now, the conclusion

Wash it in either woolite, cheer, or murphy's oil soap.

Luckily the laundromat was open and $1.75 for the wash and another $1.00 for the cheer and another $.75 for the dryer, I was back in business.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Tailgates cost $1.10 in bulk. You paid how much to wash one?

Silly boy...

K

Karen

Cap'n Hookitt is delibertly being a knuckle-head.

I think it is windy in TF.

_M

www.asylumbase.com

I think it is windy in TF.

And I think we have a winner......:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Would the slutinex possibly be the type available under the generic name sluticillin?
Your tailgate may experience dilusions of virginity upon opening
~J;)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"