ultraviolet

Troll MDV terminal

hi

wouldnt robert and kathy at Morpheus be your best source for this? I have an MDV troll on order and expect to be working through this and other questions in the coming months (after I RTFM) . They are helpful folks, at least in my brief experience.

take care, Steve
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

Rob and Kathy are great and are super nice to deal with. I'm just curious as to what the jumping population is doing out there.

I prefer large mesh slider with tight direct control stow (and a fairly large bight of the slider). I roll the outside 6 cells in, and spread the center cell.

I've found the openings totally acceptable. I've softened them by using a small mesh slider, but found that, for me, a good bit of direct control was sufficient to allow me to use the large hole mesh, so I don't have to re-rig for terminal.

If I was going on a longish terminal trip, I might consider just switching out the slider, but since most of my terminal stuff these days is in between subterminal slider delays, I'm content to go with the large mesh.

I've heard credible reports of very hard openings on the canopy, but I've never experienced one on my canopy that I found unacceptable (and remember, I have 6 inches of titanium in my spinal column, so I'm fairly sensitive). I wonder if the newer Troll MDV's maybe open faster all around, and that's why reports vary so much.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

yep , sorry for stating the obvious, just saw 200 views and no comments at that time. Hope you get some feedback.

Steve
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

I do about four rolls on the nose and use a large hole mesh slider with direct control for all delays. I think openings are pretty consistent.

I prefer large mesh slider with tight direct control stow (and a fairly large bight of the slider). I roll the outside 6 cells in, and spread the center cell.

I pretty much do the same as Tom except that I use the the small hole mesh slider. Same direct control on the slider and I use an indirect stow as well. Very nice openings; not slammers at all! I was concerned about the openings at terminal as well because I have some back problems but now I'm more concerned about the terminal openings on my old fox with 300+ jumps on it. It has the large hole mesh slider and it seems to be really whacking me as of late. Maybe a reline is due on that one though:P

Jason