NickDG

Building Incident . . .

Wow, this was a close one. When are people going to get the idea that dedicated BASE equipment is the only way to go . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Associated Press
December 17, 2004

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Some Indiana University students could face a hefty fine for tossing a guinea pig from an eighth-floor dormitory with a makeshift parachute. The students used a garbage bag, dental floss and masking tape to create a parachute and then dropped the animal from their dorm window, Bloomington Animal Shelter manager Leigh Ann Hoffacker said.

The guinea pig landed in a tree and survived. The trembling rodent was discovered moments later by IU freshman Laura Robinson. "My friend and I were on our way to get some lunch and we looked up and we saw her fall into the tree," Robinson told The Herald-Times for a story published Friday.

School janitors were able to reach the animal through a third-floor window and Robinson took it to the shelter. "There was string and tape tied around it and it had some hair ripped out from the tape. It was really sad," Robinson said.

The identities of the students who tossed the creature from the building have yet to be determined, but Hoffacker said the list has been narrowed down by dorm administration. She said police likely would not do much, but the shelter's animal control office can issue a $500 ticket for animal abuse. "Whoever did this did it in broad daylight," Hoffacker said. "They just didn't care, and I think it is quite disturbing."

The guinea pig appeared to be recovering well.

"She was scared and cold and shaking when they brought her in," Hoffacker said. "But now she is eating some alfalfa and seems just fine."

http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/202972-4130-102.html

What size PC would you suggest for that jump?

:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Reminds me of a story a buddy was telling about when he was at Bragg. They would use the old parachutes from illumination flare with a makeshift harness of 550 cord and a 3 man slingshot to launch hamsters off the 3 floor roof of the old barracks. He said one of the little critters had 21 jumps before they retired him, and unfortunately they had a few casualties (as to be expected with any military airborne op).
He said all went well til one day the pet store owner called their CO wondering why his guys were buying all these hamsters. Apparently when the CO asked they were out of rodents so they had to do a demo with someones iguana. :ph34r:

Gabe

i dont like the idea of using animals for stuff like that..>:(

Anyway 2mates of mine and i once hooked a large teddybear up to 1 46´and a 48´pc and made him jump off 7th floor or so(cant rember for true:)) he made a nice flight but had kind of hard landing at the concrete as we didnt taught him PLF first,lucky he only got dirty.
The guy standing 3m away from the LZ first noticed as "Teddy" were doing his flare,and probaly did in his pants as "Teddy" landed:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

That's almost on my doorstep ie local object and to rub it in it was a dayblaze.

If I find that guinea pig I'm gonna melt candle wax all over it.

Cavey bastard.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

The students used a garbage bag, dental floss and masking tape to create a parachute
~Isn't that what your first BASE rig was made of nick? :P

. "Whoever did this did it in broad daylight," Hoffacker said. "They just didn't care, and I think it is quite disturbing."
~Disturbing indeed..>:(

"She was scared and cold and shaking when they brought her in," Hoffacker said. "But now she is eating some alfalfa and seems just fine."
~I shake a little too sometimes,alfalfa huh?...I'll give it a try

:D
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

"Everyone I see doing this, they have the shaking hand."

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

>>"Everyone I see doing this, they have the shaking hand." <<

Very cool, wilmshurst . . .

NickD :)BASE 194