unclecharlie109

V-1 in action

those are sweet videos and they are awesome pilots
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

not I, but this is my dream in a few years to be able to do WS BASE
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

any idea on the horizontal distance being covered on these videos?
Party On!

any idea on the horizontal distance being covered on these videos?

On the solo flight Robert flew around 1.5 miles (maybe more). Robert flew well past the river and had to pull early as he had flown so far away from the LZ (and was losing altitude flying up the hill!)

Performance on the 2 way was not as good (normal when flocking) and was probably just over 1 mile.

What was the altitude drop? What are normal wingsuit delays from that exit point?

Kris.

What was the altitude drop? What are normal wingsuit delays from that exit point?

Altitude difference between the LZ and exit is around 4000'. My normal delay on my S3 is around 44sec, Robert did 53sec with the V-1 BUT he was flying for distance not time.

Like I wrote above, he ended up pulling early, with the V-1 prototype he made delays over 1 minute but not covering the same distance in such little altitude.

Robert is still getting used to the production suit so we can expect the distance (and time) figures to improve B|

That is an awesome flight...

I had to pull out my GPS program for that one. Unfortunately, my software doesn't have the road he landed on, but I figure he made it about 1/3 the way from highway near the landing area to the next road (seen next to the lake as the camera pulls back). That puts the horizontal distance around 1.3 miles. WOW!

I'm very impressed.

Mark

Hey IndianaStyle, put that damn GPS away! Ha ha. One day you're going to be looking down at that thing and walk right off the exit point with your stash bag on.
When I saw you put that hike-slowing-down-device in your video, I laughed so hard I left a micro in my shorts. Brought back memories man.