DexterBase

Tom Aiello...hmmm....

glad to see you are on here now!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Do you need to be some sort of a rigger to do simple stuff as hooking up a canopy in US?

No, not quite. In fact, I already knew how to do it. It was just that I managed to screw up one riser three times in a row, each time resulting in walking up to the canopy and finding a big wad of fabric turned inside out. Quite embarrassing.

I'll blame it on it being dark and being tired after a full day of jumping ;).

I'm not jumping yet, but I've learned how to hook a canopy to a rig now ;).

i look in your profile and see you have 170jumps(skydives i guess).

Honestly, Jaap is one of the best prepared BASE students I've seen. He not only taught himself to pack before his FJC, but he actually took _two_ separate FJC's (one from me and one from Vertigo) so that he was able to be exposed to multiple methods, and do some more post-FJC skills under supervision, with Jimmy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

not picking on you;) it were uspa general:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

yup he is in canada
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

heh my bad sorry;)
Just seems that most from that "island" over there miss what we in europe call normal "packingskills",which means basicly knowing what to do whith a canopy which is not attached to any risers.The knowlegede of knowing how to hook up a canopy,chek if it were sampled corectly and pack it them self whith out knowing how to do it all by them self.
In dk the packing test is in 30 mins were you should be abel to do all that..
I dunno if people in us/canada get this education and if they does,it might is lost as they might usaly use packers and riggers all the time?

Again it wasnt to pick at 1 person:P

in Canada, so that would be CSPA, wouldn't it?

dunno:Pbut guess you guys knows it better than me;):D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber