Dd0g

Quote of the day

Life, with its lessons, has taught me many things, but I find disheartening the fact that many questions we were asking ourselves in the mid-eighties have remained unanswered. Then, we deluded ourselves with the hope that the climbing world was about to start a new chapter. The reality was that after Renato's death, and once the shock was absorbed, mountaineeering circles continued on a different path as if nothing had happened. The fashion of concatenations and fast climbs allowed Renato's ascents to be forgotten quickly. Only now, years later, overcome by surprise, are young climbers beginning to realize the value of Renato's undertakings and trying to understand.

- Roberto Mantovani (translated, from the Italian, by Alpinist magazine)

Makes one think. . . at least, those of us (still) capable of thought.

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Only now, years later, overcome by surprise, are young climbers beginning to realize the value of Renato's undertakings and trying to understand

Makes one think. . . at least, those of us (still) capable of thought.

Peace,

D-d0g

One could definitely draw parallels between Renato and Dwain.

It's been over a year already..
Fly free Bro.

Dwain Weston here on top of the castle. The exit point does not look good. There’s a wing running to an apparent ledge down to the left that I can not see. I’ve been advised by my ground crew that it looks bad for a jump. There’s also a wind about 5 knots running toward the ledge down to the left. A 90 left would be difficult, but…

In spite of all the danger, there comes a time when the animal inside says “let me be free.” And you must roll the dice and throw yourself into the unknown and see what happens because that—that is truly living.

That’s the choices we make, and we will live with them.

~ Dwain Weston

In honor of Dwain, I thought about busting out a marker and putting X's over some of the folks on this photo. But I will never be Dwain, so it didn't seem to fit me.

As an aside, BASE813, if you remember your story about where each of your mates had gone with the journey, and the number injured and dead, have a look at the attachment. 7 jumpers. 3 gone. 3 with nasty injuries at one time or another. Only one still unharmed. And I was the least experienced when the photo was snapped (July 4th, 2000) with around 200 jumps.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

i think its becours he wears pink that his ok:P

As i told to 813 after we spoke about the storry you talk about...

i do belive its the nature of the sport.its like nother nature,she takes what she want,and its often the best...

My deeply oppinion is that taking action in a sport as BASE were the risk is as they are,we will loose freinds and people will get serius injuryed.
That freinds on a pic like that experience what they does tells more about the acts they do than somthing unnatural...

but its tru things to think about[:/]

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Subject: My new cult
To: [email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.0 September 26, 2002
Message-ID:
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:27:07 -0800
X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on PDX100/Servers/BVC(Release 6.0|September 26, 2002) at
01/17/2003 12:27:14 PM
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

The principals of Dwainism, for a happier, healthier you:

Your Personal Mantra:
(Chant 3 times daily while looking in the mirror)

No Morals
No Ethics
No Conscience
No Guilt

Key Points to Remember:
Having a conscience in life is like driving a car with the parking brake
on.
Q. What is the true definition of guilt?
A. Fear of getting caught.
Q. What is your sole purpose in life?
A. To derive pleasure.
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Q. What is the true definition of guilt?
A. Fear of getting caught.

no no the A. should be being pissed off you got caught.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Only one still unharmed. And I was the least experienced when the photo was snapped (July 4th, 2000) with around 200 jumps.

Yo,
What’s your secret Yuri, can’t be all the clean living :ph34r:

I just pray Jesus :)

bsbd!

Yuri.

he never packs his own rigs;)

May we live long and die out

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s your secret Yuri, can’t be all the clean living

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he never packs his own rigs ;)

NOTE to book,dont pack your own gear:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber