outrager

Dmitri Obod

Dima Obod died on Sunday in a motorcycle accident near Moscow. Many of you met him in Europe, Malaysia or at Ostankino tower boogies. Dima was one of those who started BASE in Russia, we made our first building jumps together in the summer of '95. He was at the heart of Shtopor, those of you who've been there probably remember it well... i can't find proper words at the moment, please remember him on your next jump.

BSBD!

Yuri.

Oh no! Really sad news. I just got a mail from Dima the other day saying:

"Im not jumping since event - no actually much time and enthusiazm ;)
Now I'm fixing and riding a bike - new fun new feelings, speed anyway
is coolest thing :) "

Dima was a good friend and he will be missed!

My deepest condolences to all Russian crew.

RIP

Iiro

My condolances Yuri. ;(
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

What a great guy! I clicked on this post hoping to hear of some great feat or organised event. He was so welcoming, warm and had a great sense of humour. He had a way of looking sideways at you that made you feel he knew exactly what you were thinking. He was so helpful on my first visit to Russia. He smiled whenever he saw me - I think he thought I looked funny.

I remember the first time I met him in 2000 at the top of Kjerag where he was wearing a russian made wingsuit - Bloody cool bit of gear. I told him it would be awesome in a disco. At the time, I could barely fly further on my own wingsuit than I could track so I was considering other uses for the colourful suits.

This is very sad news. My thoughts go to the Rusian crew whom are very close. I am sure there will be a picture of Dima go up in the bar where he will stay with his friends.