mr2mk1g

Cutaway Rig

Thanks. I guess it is obvious why. FWIW, I used a two harness system. I had a TSO'd harness with an old canopy on the main rings and a standard cutaway handle. The main to be cut away was set for a S/L, direct bag deployment. My standard sport rig was worn over the top. Webbing between the MLW's of the cut-away rig provided a place to mount the pillow in the center of my chest, unobstructed by the other harness. The same webbing was used to keep the shoulders and three ring release on the cut-away rig inside of and clear of the harness of the standard rig.

I think the set-up was very similar to the one that Rob Harris killed himself with during the filming of a Pepsi commercial. It is imprtant to pull the correct cut-away handle first, or at least allow enough time/altitude to pull them both and get to the reserve. I suppose if the canopy to be cut-away intentionally is not malfunctioned and you pull the wrong cut-away handle, it could be an option to just abort the cut-away and land with it.
alan

Most large countries now have their own tandem rating requirements. Some still accept US manufacturers ratings, so do not. For instance, at a world meet a few years ago, the French would not let me make a tandem jump with my girlfriend, because I didn't have a French rating.

The Strong "Tridem" rig that I did my cut away on for my tandem rating was set up like a tandem rig. The first main was a normal hand deploy. The cut away and reserve (actually 2nd main) were just like the Strong tandem cut away reserve handles. High and outboard. If for some reason that failed, you had plan C, which was just like a normal skydiving rig.
For any body out there that is going to do it, do a test jump or throw a streamer first to judge the winds, or you might be climbing a tree to get the canopy like I did.

How do ya like it Johnny?

Most large countries now have their own tandem rating requirements. Some still accept US manufacturers ratings, so do not. For instance, at a world meet a few years ago, the French would not let me make a tandem jump with my girlfriend, because I didn't have a French rating.

BaBahaha LMFAO
You should take a class on tandems from some place like RWS.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You must be kidding right? I know you shouldn't be allowed to do that in The Netherlands, but I would allow you to jump here. I could defend that in court anytime especially when it's your gf.
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...