MariusTer

Safety articles is importent

Arrived at the DZ Sunday morning for the last DRCP and first 3 sec. First jump was uneventfull and I was rearing to go for my 3 sec delay.

Climb to altitude was uneventfull,climb out was straight forward and then it started going wrong. De arched and went unstable the moment I let go of the strut and missed the rip cord.Got that sorted and pulled albeit a bit late :$.

Instead of a nice 235 orange canopy I had a line over right hand side on the last 2 cells which put me in a backward spiral.somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered the safety article I read about this.I unstowed the brakes I remember looking at the right hand brake and it is pulled up hard against the retaining ring.flared once nothing flared twice nothing, last one I said to myself as I started my the third flare I am mentaly going through my reserve drills I release the brakes fast and the 2 cells pop open.

2 days later I am still stiff and sore and I am replaying the events in my mind.What was maybe 15 seconds felt really long and I cant believe how rationale and clear my thinking was nor the amount of info that was taken in and processed.

Had to buy beer for the jumpmasters afterwardsB|.

I had a line over right hand side on the last 2 cells which put me in a backward spiral... I release the brakes fast and the 2 cells pop open.

there is one more person on dz.com described similar scenario happend on a tandem jump whereby fast release of the brakes solved line over...

there is one more person on dz.com described similar scenario happend on a tandem jump whereby fast release of the brakes solved line over...

I must have read that article that is why I releasd the brakes fast because there is no way I could have figured that one out on my own

The opening was quite hard.couple of bruises where the leg straps were,luckily I had them real tight.but there is a mysterious bruis on my right shoulder as well.

head down openings can be very hard... and mysterious ;)

I must have read that article that is why I releasd the brakes fast because there is no way I could have figured that one out on my own

The fast release of the brakes is what cleared my line over. Unfortunately, I was already on my way to the cutaway handle, and it was only someone above my canopy that told me it cleared just before I chopped it. I wish I had known what was likely to clear it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Had to buy beer for the jumpmasters afterwards"

They pack the kid a line-over, & get free beer for it? Sheesh, what a racket...:S

FWIW Marius, I had a line-over once. I cleared it by releasing the brakes, & pulling down really far on that side. The steering cascade slipped off the end w/a loud phwomph!