leroydb

rig configuration

what are the implications of puting a 240 blackjack into a gargoyle built for a 260-280 canopy? info: The 280 fits VERY VERY tight

I think along with a few others that a 240ish canopy would be ok, seeing that I have seen people put a 280 into a container built for a 40...

thoughts?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I'd call Morpheus and ask them.

My thoughts? I wouldn't do it.

Velcro rigs can easily take undersized canopies. Pin rigs are much more sensitive to canopy changes.

Putting an undersized canopy in a pin rig can lead to loose pins (and a generally looser container, which can also mean loose flaps). You can only shorten the closing loops so much. Really loose pins can be really bad at high airspeeds, because they can lead to ugly things like premature deployments and horseshoes. But they can also be bad for things like climbing with a rig on, or just walking out to the exit (imagine having your pins slide out as you wiggle through the steel, and your canopy falling out as you get to the exit...).

Bottom line? Call Morpheus and ask them about your particular setup.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

thats what i figured, apprecaite the info... emailed them all the info and awaiting response
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I always just wad up some dirty laundry and put in there to take up the extra space.

Gardner

or use womens hygeen tapes(thouse they use as they bleed)they can stay there them self(that kind of glue on one site),so you dont leave trace:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

or use womens hygeen tapes(thouse they use as they bleed)they can stay there them self(that kind of glue on one site),so you dont leave trace:P

Ej Faber, det er sgu ulækkert!! er det bedst hvis det er med vinger? ;) Translation = yukky

ha ha Hej Niklas,hvordan går det oppe i NordB|,Jeg sagde jo ikke noget om blod vel...

stay safe,smoke it lowB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

imagine having your pins slide out as you wiggle through the steel, and your canopy falling out as you get to the exit...

This is exactly the reason why 460 favors velcro over pin rigs on towers. Velcro will give you some audible feedback if you hit a snag.

That said, I've never had problems with my Warlock and I've squeezed through some fairly tight spaces. But my main matches my container so the pins are always secure.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon