CanuckInUSA

Continuum

How many of you out there have watched Kenyon Salo's base jumping movie "Continuum"? I have known about this movie for a while now (seeing parts of it at the DZ as he works as a tandem videographer at my home DZ during the warm WX months). But it wasn't until yesterday that I sat down and watched it from beginning to end and I have to say, I am impressed (for the first time I watched it with and open mind and thoroughly enjoyed it). I think he's tendancy to show the jumpers names in the bottom right corner is a little distracting (I tried to shut it out after my first viewing), but that is a minor point. The rest of the movie is well made (IMHO) and inspiring for the new jumper like myself. Of course by watching it four times yesterday, I wasn't spending the time needed learning to pack on a borrowed base rig (which is only in my current possession for packing and not jumping). But I will try to concentrate on packing tonight (and only watch Continuum once ... again).

So what do you guys think of the flic? And how many lives do you think Kenyon's already used up with his nine alloted lives? I counted at least two lives, maybe more ... :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

That movie is unreal imho... Some sick sick hucking action.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Yo Mate , you said it , Continuum rules. Kenyon and the crew did an excellent job. Nice shots, angles and tunes. Kenyon if your out there, when can we expect Continuum 2 ? I for one can't wait , Mik

How many of you out there have watched Kenyon Salo's base jumping movie "Continuum"? I have known about this movie for a while now (seeing parts of it at the DZ as he works as a tandem videographer at my home DZ during the warm WX months). But it wasn't until yesterday that I sat down and watched it from beginning to end and I have to say, I am impressed (for the first time I watched it with and open mind and thoroughly enjoyed it). I think he's tendancy to show the jumpers names in the bottom right corner is a little distracting (I tried to shut it out after my first viewing), but that is a minor point. The rest of the movie is well made (IMHO) and inspiring for the new jumper like myself. Of course by watching it four times yesterday, I wasn't spending the time needed learning to pack on a borrowed base rig (which is only in my current possession for packing and not jumping). But I will try to concentrate on packing tonight (and only watch Continuum once ... again).

So what do you guys think of the flic? And how many lives do you think Kenyon's already used up with his nine alloted lives? I counted at least two lives, maybe more ... :o

Where can I buy it?

Yo Mate , you said it , Continuum rules. Kenyon and the crew did an excellent job. Nice shots, angles and tunes. Kenyon if your out there, when can we expect Continuum 2 ? I for one can't wait , Mik

I heard a rumor that C2 is due out toward the end of 2004.

Thank you very much for your support. Triax (Damian Doucette, Chris Pope and myself) have been working on gathering footage for C2. We expect to start editing this summer and have something by the end of the summer.

C2 will have lots of new angles, ideas, and shots for you to chomp on.

Continuum is available on Blinc Magazine in VHS or PAL. We can ship the same day or next day at the latest. C2 will be on DVD, but do not pass up Continuum just because its on VHS.

Thanks again.

Kenyon Salo
Triax

Hello --

Just to add my two cents too, Continuum is a great BASE flick. Bottom line is that you if you don't have this video in your collection, you should! It is well worth the few bucks that it costs.

Nice work Triax and I look forward to C2 down the road...

Bryan

Hey Kenyon,

I have about every BASE flick known to man (ask Tom, lol) and yours is probably my favorite. You have a great knack for editing.

Great shots, great music, good mix of scenery and jumps. The mal clips are a hoot. We joke that you may need to work on your packing a bit. ;)

Continuum is also the first film I show to whuffos. You did a good job of showing the grace & athleticism in the sport as well as the spectacular places we get to visit. Every whuffo that has seen it came away with a positive attitude about our sport.

Looking forward to C2. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I have recently heard about a Continuum Drinking game,

The rules are that you watch it and everyone has a 6 pack of their favorite beer. Then whenever there are malfunctions everyone must down a beer. By then end its a pretty ugly site.

In terms of the packing that has been resolved. There is a story behind each one as always and each one was a learning experience. Sometime if you ever run into me I will tell you the long versions.

Kenyon

If anyone has a shot that they feel should be in C2, please email me and I will chat with you about it. Unfortunatly I can only offer film credit. As of right now we are not Warren Miller yet.

Hey guys, anyone who's seen this video know what's up with that skinny climber-looking dude dancing around with panties over his jeans? WTF?

Just a little FYI:

I found Continuum for sale for just a hair cheeper on triax's website - looks like they also have a list you can get on for Continuum II.

http://www.triaxproductions.com