QuickDraw

Bombproof Rigging.

I am trying to catch up on the news as i've been in Eloy for the last month without real internet access,
while i was there however, i heard that Bombproof is no more, apparently Kevin McGuire has decided to get a real job (thats how it was put over to me anyway).

I wish him the very best of luck in his new venture, but man...those containers are the dogs.... [:/]

Just wondered what your thoughts are on this ?

ps..i'm only going off information from a few people, but i'm pretty sure its true.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

I've actually gone into partial retirement. I have closed my rigging shop. After 7400+ reserve pack jobs I think I've had enough Yes I did go and get a real job but I'm still making rigs. Its just that now I do so because I want to. Not because I have to.

In the beginning, building rigs was exciting, and challenging but most of all it was fun. The thought process went like this.
Can I really stick pieces of nylon together, take what I had built and with it place my self directly in harms way and come out alive? 640 jumps later all on gear I built, with no injuries except minor bumps and scrapes from landings, the answer is a resounding yes. Not many can say that, and I'm proud that I can.

I did not set out to be a rig manufacture like BR,CR, and the others it just turned out that way. Friends saw the rigs I made and wanted them.
In time as the orders increased, I found my self chained to my machines and to my shop with little or no time to enjoy the product that I have worked so hard to develop. In short, I Just need to get out more. But that is not the only reason for my partial retirement. My priorities have changed. My plans (I'm happy to say) now include raising a family.

I want to return to the exciting time of building rigs. and to do so I have come up with this plan. I no longer want to compete directly with the other manufactures for every possible sale. While I'll continue build rigs for those who want them I have somthing else in mind. I want to build super custom rigs that are one of a kind works of art. I don't expect to sell many but the ones that do will be like nothing any one has ever seen on a rig before. Perhaps there wont be a demand for this type of rig and if not, no big deal. I can always build them for my self. After all thats the whole reason I started doing this in the first place.

I'm sorry if not everyone likes the NEO. I designed and build the rigs that I like. And as the saying goes, "It is impossible to please everyone."
However, having said that, let me say this.

Last year, I shattered the previous years record of building 50 rigs in a year by a staggering 48 additional rigs. Almost double. While that number may or may not be in keeping with the other manufactures totals, it sure was a lot for me, so it seems that some one out there likes the NEO afterall.

Kevin

P.S. my e-mail is on the fritz and had been for some time.so if you need to get a hold of me you can do so at my DZ.com address

For those out there who do not know Kevin, well he goes way back and is as solid a BASE jumper as anyone. Kevin taught Seth Blake how to BASE jump and continued to mentor him for some time. Those who had the privilege of jumping with Seth, know just how solid his style was. Seth was one of my BASE companions and grew to be my best friend. He spoke highly of Kevin.

Keeping it fun, right on Kevin.B|

Johnny Utah
Circus Circus #1

[email protected]
johnnyutah.com

Hey Kevin!

I'm glad to see you post this and let the BASE community know what's happening. You've done an awesome job with the Neo, and with getting new jumpers started out, and with the exception of a few freaks that have their heads up their buttholes, you've made a lot of people really happy.

I've been honored to have had the opportunity to work with you on various occasions, with the FJC in Twin Falls being one of the best I can remember! You are definitely a wonderful example of BASE jumping done right. I really loved our 2 way into the Snake, and am still sad we don't have any video.

Yes, I'm buttering you up, because I still want Pimp Daddy! :)

Love ya lots, Kev. Good luck with your job and the family...how many kids does Amber want? Was that a dozen or a baker's dozen?

Peace,
Karen

I've known Kevin for something like 12 years or more, as a co-worker, as a friend, as a jumper, and as a competitor in the BASE gear business. They don’t come any better. He’s a big man with a large heart and a fast laugh and I’ve missed the pleasure of his company since the day he moved away.

Kev, have a goodie, Brother . . .

Nick D :)BASE 194

Kevin and I learned to skydive and pack parachutes at the same Drop zone so we've known each other for quite a while. We pretty much lost touch when he moved away but now and then we've touched base... and BASE:P

Kevin it's good to hear you're moving on in a way that you want to. Good luck with what ever you do.

Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Dude! You still owe Katie and me some shirts!!! Hehe... Take care dude. I hope we're still gonna do some jumps this spring. It was nice sharing beer and jumps with you... and more beer... in Twin Falls. Hope to share another exit point with you soon.

You still owe Katie and me some shirts!!! Hehe...

me too!B|...Kevin taught my fjc course this past year in TF, absolutely sick weekend...hope to see you soon guy!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I would like to wish Kevin nothing but the best. Blue skies. Good luck, I hope I can call you freind.

Dave

:| Kevin. Are you still in AZ. This is Dave Hollis talkin' to you from Ghana. I left the US 2.5 years ago and haven't been able to skydive since - the curse of West Africa.

I have found a recently opened tandem paragliding operation that can accomodate a jumper. So.....I'd like to break out my old chute this august, do a few jumps in AZ, and bring it back. Are you still willing to take a look at it and do a quick repack?

How's the St. Bernard & family?

my email is [email protected]. What's your active email?

dave

[email]

[
How's the St. Bernard & family?
reply]

Bigger than ever. I now have Three. I'll drop you a line.
Kevin