Skinflicka

Disaster for Felix "Cat" Bumgardener

It's a sad day for terrestrial deities.

In what can only be described as a "tradgedy for humanity", America saw first hand the terrible consequences of poor preparation for a BASE jumper. A lack of personality coupled with a silly accent resulted in a catastrophic exit for the Austrian hunk with the curiously feline moniker, from NBC's Cupid reality show.

The show portrayed an eerie parallel with Felix's stunt career when he was rejected by his peers (3 needy chicks in that case but this wasn't expected to bear close scrutiny).

Felix's legacy remains with us and can be seen at he "UberSkyGod Museum" situated in the garden shed of Felix's childhood home in Ichtenbruhaubergunthensteinburg, Austria.

Don't take it personally Felix. We're just jealous. ;)

No, really.

Love,

Skin

PS Your parents like cats...?
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Was he really on that silly show? If so, some one has to put it on skydivingmovies.com.....
Remster

'God of the Skies' Makes Channel Crossing
Thu July 31, 2003 10:12 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - An Austrian stuntman on Thursday became the first person to skydive across the English Channel, free falling at 124 miles per hour in the process.
Felix Baumgartner jumped out of a plane at 29,500 feet above Dover, England, wearing a specially constructed carbon wing and flew toward France before parachuting into hills above the port of Calais.

"I made it which is great," he told reporters on landing.

"It's pretty cold up there. I still can feel nothing," said the self-styled "God of the Skies," who started parachuting as a teenager before taking up the extreme sport of BASE jumping.

Setting off early in the morning to avoid commercial flights, Baumgartner used oxygen supplies during the 22 mile flight to survive the rarefied air.

His team estimates that he attained a top speed of more than 124 miles per hour during the fall, which took only around 10 minutes.

In contrast, Louis Bleriot took 37 minutes to make his ground-breaking flight across the channel in 1909 and Matthew Webb took 22 hours to swim it for the first time in 1875.

The special wing is made of the same special lightweight carbon composite used in Formula One racing cars.

Baumgartner, 34, set world records for the highest and lowest parachute dives in 1999 with daredevil jumps from the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur and the statue of Christ in Rio de Janeiro.

No Kitty!

Can it really be called freefall or even skydived when he is clearly flying a rigid wing glider? Dirty high puller as well. Nice face plant landing as well. If any of us jumped out from 100,000' we could all track the distance with ease. I guess having a bunch of wuffos think you are cool is good enough for Mr. Kitty. Real jumpers are all too aware that this is not even close to ground breaking, not that anything else Kitty's done is either. Try landing that wing, or a wing suit and maybe you will one day earn the respect that consistently eludes you. F-ing punk!

Tree B|

I've flown into my own shadow in the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow before!!! >:(

‘I flew into my own shadow, which the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow. I don’t think anyone has experienced that before.’
— FELIX BAUMGARTNER

"Wings help with historic skydive "

Felix Baumgartner celebrates after his successful freefall across the English Channel on Thursday.

July 31 -- Watch unedited video of Felix Baumgartner jumping out of a plane and then soaring across the English Channel.

Parachutist crosses English Channel in under 10 minutes

MSNBC STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

LONDON, July 31 — A skydiver known as “The Missile Man” on Thursday became the first person to cross the English Channel in an unpowered flight, free falling at up to 230 mph in the process. Wearing high-tech carbon wings, Felix Baumgartner jumped out of a plane at 30,000 feet above Dover, England, and flew to France, parachuting into hills above the port of Calais.

“IT’S PRETTY cold up there. I still can feel nothing,” the self-styled “God of the Skies” told reporters after a hard landing.
Baumgartner told reporters that he had a close call as soon as he jumped out of the plane. “I went directly into the opening with my legs,” he said, “so I had to cut my glider in pieces because it was hanging up on the lines, but I made it and that’s great.”
Setting off early to avoid commercial flights, Baumgartner used oxygen supplies during the 18-mile flight to survive the rarefied air that was as cold as 31 degrees below Fahrenheit.

July 31, 2003 — NBC’s “Today” shows moments from Felix Baumgartner’s free fall across the English Channel, including his hard landing near Calais, France.

WINGS OF CARBON
His team estimates that he attained a top speed of 230 mph during the fall, which took around 10 minutes.
In contrast, Louis Bleriot took 37 minutes to make his ground-breaking flight across the channel in 1909 and Matthew Webb took 22 hours to swim it for the first time in 1875.

Baumgartner’s wings, with a span of nearly 6 feet, are made of the same special lightweight carbon composite used in Formula One race cars. Baumgartner tested it by speeding around the tarmac of Salzburg Airport on the roof of a high-powered Porsche. He has also trained with the German air force.
Baumgartner, 34, set world records for the highest and lowest parachute dives in 1999 with daredevil jumps from the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur and the statue of Christ in Rio de Janeiro.

ODDSMAKER AGAINST HIM

The Austrian started parachuting as a teenager before taking up the extreme sport of BASE jumping. BASE stands for Buildings, Antenna, Spans (Bridges) and the Earth (cliffs). Members of the club must jump from each of those before being allowed in.
One bookmaker had quoted odds of 3/20 for a successful jump and 7/2 against.
Baumgartner, who was equipped with cameras and high-tech tracking gear, said he had to follow his two planes over part of the channel when cloud cover blocked his view.
The flight was stressful but well worth it, he added. “I flew into my own shadow, which the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow,” he said. “I don’t think anyone has experienced that before.”

"‘I flew into my own shadow, which the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow. I don’t think anyone has experienced that before.’

...should read...

‘I flew into my own shadow, which the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow. I don’t think there is anyone else in the world but me.’

If he didn't open his canopy over the dirt (and he didn't), then I don't think that qualifies. The fact that he used that Skyray ripoff doesn't help, either. I still stand by the belief that jumping with a carbon fibre wing doesn't qualify as bodyflight. I love how on that video, the narrator says, "unassisted flight" while you are watching his clearly assisted flight.

Nothing against the Skyray, though. I think the thing is awesome and there are great people behind it. It's just that I'd classify a jump with it as a glider flight, not a freefall. But then again, I guess skysurfing, with a rigid thingie, is still considered freefall."
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Is this Felix guy the same guy who was seen wearing Da-Kine pants and useing a rake to smooth out the landing area at Mineral Bottom, below Mary's Gash.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Now we both know it wasn't that him did that.

I know that because we both know who did it.;)

Cya at Turkey time hopefully,

Skin.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Yeah Yeah!, just havin fun. I'll be permantly teaching people how to jumar to the top of "Jug or Not" at the Turkey Boogie AGAIN this year. Can't wait to see ya'!!!!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

That's (permanently). Yes, I to am a Choad Munch!!!

Now that I think...

If we're diggin' up the past...you wanna explain how you fucked up that car driving to the crypt that time.

Strangely your story and your crew's didn't jive. You said you lost your head. Your crew said you were gaining some and that's why you biffed.

The truth must come out.

BTW the Gash incident was sponsored by WalMart as I understand it. Felix was late due to a shortage of kitty litter.

Looking forward to turkey time dude. Can't wait to see you again, you nutball. Give 8" of my love to your fine woman...:P

Skin.
$kin.

I don't know what crypt yer talkin' bout' (you gotta remind me), and if she want's the full 8", It's not gonna come from some pole smokin belly flyer!! I thought it was Home Depot that sponsored the infamous raking incident, My bad. 4th Annual Turkey Buugie WILL rock!!!!!! Love Love!!!

My lady just reminded me skin, it was too much xanax after a hard night of bangin, and there's the truth. God take my memory..

That was the long haired Blinc moderator with the rake.....
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I saw a report on CNN where the anchor said " An AUSTRAILIAN jumper crossed the.....". At first I thought she may have mis-spoke, but when they went to the video, the CNN people had added a title to the top of the screen that read "Aussie makes a record flight". Gotta love that national news coverage...G-DAY, MATE!

"An AUSTRAILIAN jumper crossed the....."

Sounds like a much better headline.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I've flown into my own shadow in the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow before!!! >:(

‘I flew into my own shadow, which the morning sun exposed on a cloud together with a rainbow. I don’t think anyone has experienced that before.’
— FELIX BAUMGARTNER

I experienced that on like my 40th jump...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com